|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 29, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
Serve patient and assist doctor for proper treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide curative services (management of communicable diseases such as fever/Malaria, ARI, Diarrhea, TB, and Measles and wound care) to patients according to BPHS.
2. Provide public nutrition including; breastfeeding support, growth monitoring, multi-micronutrients and iron supplementation, diagnose and treatment of malnutrition, improve sanitation and school feeding.
3. Manage mental health and disabilities problems according to BPHS.
4. Support the provision of primary health care within the community.
5. Counsel and educate patients, the family and community, in relevant areas of health.
6. Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
7. Share knowledge, skill and expertise with medical, midwifery and nursing students.
8. Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording and reporting of data, clinic and/or facility management, or coordination of specific educational or outreach programs.
9. Participate in research, professional organization and related committees and in continuing education opportunities.
10. Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiative; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
11. Participate in provision of 27-hour, six-day maternity service, which may require evening, night.
12. Identify and report immediately any problem which interferes in the delivery of services or in achieving the program objectives to his/her immediate supervisor.
13. Identify and report immediately any suspected epidemic cases.
Participate in weekly meeting of health facility to share information and discuss the program progress
1. Degree from Intermediate Medical Institute or equivalent to that in midwifery.
2. Clinical experience ( At least 3 years)
3. Good knowledge of written and spoken Dari and Pashto is desirable.
4. NGO experience â€“ Desirable
5. local staff highly appreciated to apply.