|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||30520 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
· To provide triage, emergency care and treatment of patients in the emergency department. According to doctors’ prescriptions and protocols. To ensure timely, quality of care and management of emergency patients.
· To provide support, training and mentoring of nurses in the emergency department.
· To assist international MSF staff with translation and day to day management.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment
- Ensure that 5 MOMMENTS OF HIGIENE IS STRICTLY RESPECTED””
- Organize and carry out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, as well as assist them during consultations and medical procedures
- Perform A pre-triage
- Follow the WHO corona case definition.
- Ensure the use of the appropriate PPE as recommended according to your risk assessment.
- Referral of suspected Corona cases to the ISOLATION UNIT IN SHEIDAI HOSPITA.
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their personal hygiene, movements and comfort
- Respect medical secret and confidentiality
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients meaning assessment of their health state evolution, and identification of emergency situation or any deterioration
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
- Supervise and train other related staff under his/her supervision in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring team work
- Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents, ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise
- Fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed
- For ER nurse, ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor
- Aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Send material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Requirements and Competencies
- Nursing diploma essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in emergency room and triage essential
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Working hours and Salary
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 30,520 AFN per month (non-negotiable)