|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a position with overall intervention in health and nutrition sector in WV Ghor Zone. The project aims to provide outpatient healthcare to drought-affected populations in critical need of life-saving medical assistance in areas lacking access to government health services (white areas). The project will establish 6 new Mobile Health and Nutrition Teams (MHNTs) in white areas of Ghor Province (Lal and Dowlatyar districts) targeting people in their places of origin. Nutrition Assistant will be responsible for the proper implementation of nutrition activities of the project through mobile health and nutrition teams (MHNTs), reporting, providing technical support and guidance and coordination with the line departments.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Local language and reading and writing in English
- Knowledge of maternal and child nutrition, and diseases prevention
- Knowledge or experience in IMAM, CGMP, PDH and IYCF is preferred
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance and exemplary lifestyle expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Project Supervision and Evaluation
- Ensure timely implementation and evaluation of nutrition activities.
- Day to day support of the IMAM centers (On the job training to the staff, supplies and on time reporting)
- Ensure assessment and implementation of BFHI in the targeted health facilities
- Monitoring from BFHI activities
- Provision of the baby and mother kits and distribute to the targeted beneficiaries according to WV commodity distribution standards in close coordination with procurement and commodity units.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Identify high risk communities, provide education and promote use of micronutrient powder.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation and quality of project activities and report on findings to programs and health & nutrition.
2. Reporting and Administration
- Compiling data related to nutrition activities
- Ensure that monitoring and information management tools are up to date and contain all relevant information.
- Active participation during the quarterly round table stakeholders meeting on presenting the IMAM, BFHI and other relevant nutrition presentations
- Follow up the security department advice on daily security situation and adjust travel plans as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- At least one or two years’ demonstrated experience in health and nutrition activities and coordinating with other NGOs, UN and Government.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Sphere standards and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Shared office in Ghor. Communication and other required work equipment and supplies provided and shared with other projects.