|Date Posted:||Nov 10, 2021|
|Reference:||Loc-79-2021Musakhel, Loc-80-2021Nadishakot, Loc-81-2021Rashidan|
|Closing Date:||Dec 16, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 21 Years|
|Contract Duration:||18 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
As per bellow duties and responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
KEY RESULT EXPECTED
At SDP level:
- Register and undertake growth monitoring and promotion (GMP) including measure weight, height, age and check edema of all children under two years of age.
- Conduct GMP based counseling of mothers/caregivers of all children under two years of age on appropriate Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) practices and infection prevention.
- If the child is normal, encourage and counsel mother to reinforce and promote age appropriate MIYCN practices
- If child is suffering from SAM, refer to the doctor of the clinic for giving adequate treatment and counselling.
- Counsel mothers/ caregiver to bring their under two children for the continues monthly GMP visit
- Undertake Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) of children 6-59 Month of age
- Check whether child has received Vitamin A supplementation during the previous NID, if no then refer to the administrator of Vitamin A in clinic
- Conduct complementary feeding demonstration once per month
Counselling on Maternal Nutrition
- Measure lactating mothers MUAC, weight, height and find BMI and categories as normal, underweight, overweight and obese after the first PNC till the mother breastfeed her child
- Provide individualized nutrition counselling on appropriate practices, based on the BMI findings.
- Check whether lactating mother receive adequate IFA tablets during three months after delivery.
At the Community level:
- Work and coordinate with Community Health Supervisors (CHSs) and Community Health Workers (CHWs) during the CHW monthly meetings (as much as possible) to:
- To Share the GMP defaulter cases list with CHW and follow up
- To ensure that the GPM session conducted in community by CHW regularly.
- Mentoring CHWs on topics such as GMP, counseling skills, proper home visit
Recording and Reporting:
- Maintain regular reports to monitor and track delivery of nutrition services.
- Using MCH handbook reporting in provinces the MCH handbook apply.
- Identify beneficiaries which require follow-up visits and share information with CHSs/CHWs within the catchment area of the MHT/SDPs.
- Selection Criteria: Female, at least completed 12th grade or graduate from religious school or any potential women who have the basic reading and writing knowledge (in areas school student is not available) and can communicate in the local language.
- A diploma in nutrition counselling or certification of received nutrition initial training from a recognized institute or entity within the country or from abroad.
- At least one-year experience in the provision of nutrition counselling services. Experience with IDPs will be a plus point.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in services delivery and medical ethics.
- Fluency in spoken and written Dari and Pashtu is a requirement. English Language skills is a plus point
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost, Ghazni
- Please submit your completed CARE Standard Job application form (http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date, applications without CARE Standard Job application form will be considered for shortlisting.
- Applications after closing date will not be accepted.
- Please Indicate the position title, Vacancy Number and Location of province that you apply for in the Subject Line (Nutrition CounsellorLoc-79-2021Musakhel, Loc-80-2021Nadishakot, Loc-81-2021Rashidanl ) otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Only residence of Khost (Musakhel & Nadirshakot Districts) Ghazni (Rashidan District) can apply for this position.
- Please note that there is no telephonic inquiry and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and call for Interview.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a Police check, Bridger check & Reference check and be compliant and sign up to Care Afghanistan’s Code of Conduct, PSHA (Prevention from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse) and other Care Afghanistan policies prior to a final offer being made.
- Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encourage to apply.
- CARE IS COMMITTED TO CHILD PROTECTION POLICY (Available at: http://bit.ly/CAREAFG_Child_Protection_Policy)