|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About Afghan Winner Logistic Services (AWLS):
Established in 2010 AFGHAN WINNER Logistic & Supply Services (AWLS) is a 100% Afghan owned company registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency, offering a wide range of 3PL/4PL Logistic and Supply Services to a variety of clients in Public and Private Sectors, International Aid Agencies, None-Governmental Organizations and Coalition Forces.
We strive to provide prompt, personalized and reliable services to our clients, in collaboration with sister companies and our network of local, regional and international partners. Our broad experience and know-how of the local as well as international markets enable us to offer the best alternatives and solutions to our clients.
AWLS specialized logistic and supply services range from Transportation, International Freight Forwarding, Custom Clearance, Cargo Handling, Distribution and Warehousing to the supply of Electronic Equipments, Computers, Communication Systems, Petroleum Products, Construction Materials, Office Supplies and Vehicles and Machineries. AWLS operates at all entry points and airports in Afghanistan.
We are committed to continue to strive for excellence at all levels to ensure reliable, timely, efficient and cost-effective logistic and supply services to our valued clients in all major sectors in Afghanistan. Of course, we take pride in our reputation as a reliable supplier in the market by the virtue of providing professional services to our clients and our high client retention rate speak volumes of our achievements.
The Afghan Winner Logistic Services (AWLS) Office in Kabul invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy in Herat Province:
· Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
· Good report writing skills.
· Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
· Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
· Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications.
· Flexible to travel anywhere in the region based on need
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support to Nutrition program/project development and planning
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal (under leadership of UNICEF Nutrition officers and outpost technical officer) and external colleagues (BPHS/EPHS, DoPH/PNO) and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine regional/provincial priorities/competencies to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results in the relevant sector
§ Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of nutrition programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programs/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
2. Program management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Actively monitor & provide supportive supervision for nutrition programs/projects at regional and provincial levels through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders using evidence such as PND IMAM database, TPM, NID, NNSS reports, etc to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Prepare regular/mandated program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Support timely quality monthly programme reports (IMAM, MN/WIFS, IYCF, NNSS, Community Nutrition)
3. Technical and operational support to nutrition program implementation
- Participate in sector program meetings including program development and contingency planning discussions on emergency preparedness, Nutrition cluster meetings, in the regional and provincial levels designated to provide technical and operational information, advice and support.
4. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Contribute to implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programs and projects.
· Organize and implement capacity building initiatives/activities (IMAM, WIFS, SCM, NiE, NNSS, Community Nutrition/IYCF) to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results in relevant sector and related programs/projects.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Qualification & Work Experience
· University degree (Bachelor or Diploma) in Medicine or a field related to the scope of work. Master degree desirable
· At least Three years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in Nutrition & project/program management, monitoring and reporting. Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
· Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
· Experience working with UN or NGO programs/projects is an asset.
· Three years of relevant experience for master degree holders in Nutrition
Experience working at zonal/provincial level is an asset