|Date Posted:||Jun 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About I Engineering Group:
Provide end-to-end engineering infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and power industries across Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Employing a dynamic and personal approach, we have grown rapidly since our inception in 2007 to reach 18 operations with 1,500 employees. We integrate our core competencies with our clients’ businesses to provide cost-effective solutions that allow our clients to succeed in their business goals.
To become the leading EPC and O&M contractor in global emerging markets.
We provide EPC and O&M services to the telecom, renewable energy and construction industries in global emerging markets, seamlessly integrating our core competencies with our customers’ businesses, so they benefit from competitive and comprehensive solutions.
O&M Field Technician, Electro-Mechanical is responsible to handle the completion of service requests (preventive & corrective or emergency) on all electrical, mechanical or other assets assigned to him according to scope of work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Handles the completion of service requests (preventive & corrective or emergency) on all electrical, mechanical or other assets assigned to him according to scope of work, typical as the following but not limited to:
a. Generator 10KVA to 1500 KVA, Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR), Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS), In-Country Power Supply Transformers & LV Lines, Earthing System, Battery Backup System, Power Distribution Box, fuses, breakers, surge arresters, remote management systems etc. a. Servicing, decommissioning, installation, or integration of generators according to standard procedures and practices whenever it is required.
b. Electrical, mechanical, and civil components of the site including lighting system & commercial power.
c. Manages Site security and site access (where applicable).
d. Ensures that preventive or corrective maintenance is performed according to procedures and checklists agreed and all issues are permanently closed. e. Proper cleaning and janitorial services of the sites and assets.
f. Decommissioning, installation, troubleshooting, and any fault in electrical or mechanical equipment.
g. Any other work assigned to from time to time according to scope of work.
2. Schedules and executes the preventive / routine maintenance jobs on all equipment under his/her assignment.
3. Handles emergency calls all time, pays attention to emergency call outs, fixes the problem of equipment, restores the service within SLA, follows up the issues till permanent closure, and helps to find root cause of problems and appropriate solutions.
4. Coordinates between NOC, immediate supervisor, IENG sections, client and other subcontractors for proper maintenance of own sites / electrical equipment.
5. Uses test equipment and devices on sites and analyzes test results.
6. Records and reports regularly all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences to the O&M Coordinator using i engineering’s reporting formats.
7. Ensures proper care of all company properties such as tools & equipment, vehicle, mobile DG, accommodation.
8. Reports all incidents e.g. theft and litigation issues as per process and supports the O&M Coordinator, Site Security (where applicable).
9. Handles fuel delivery and consumption and supports the O&M Coordinator, Fuel for fuel management (where applicable).
10. Ensures fuel consumption of each site as per given CPH from Line manager. 11. Ensures each PM & CM activity carried out through M-ITSM & any other client software as well.
12. Ensures that all works being executed under his/her supervision conform the Client’s specifications and the approved drawings.
13. Ensures that all tools and equipment are in accordance with the engineering standards and specifications.
14. Ensures that all spares or consumables used during maintenance are of good quality and standard and be responsible for reconciliation as per process.
15. Understands all processes, works accordingly, and gives feedback for improvement.
16. Keeps record of inventory, problem history for all equipment under his/her control.
17. Coaches and enables other team members, checks standards of work executed, handles scope of the whole teamwork.
OH&S/QMS ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the implementation of OH&S/QMS requirements on all assigned cell sites.
2. Fills all related OH&S/QMS documents on sites.
3. Conducts site safety induction by explaining to subcontractors their responsibilities in terms of OH&S requirements of i engineering and clients.
4. Ensures that adequate PPE is used by both ieng and Subcontractor team.
5. Ensures that safe work procedures are being adhered to.
6. Investigates and fills the incident investigation report and shares it with the OH&S representative.
7. Ensures emergency drills are conducted on sites.
8. Deals directly with the client’s representative on all OH&S matters on sites.
9. Reports on any hazard, incident, and accident to the direct supervisor of all assigned sites.
• More than 3 years of experience in similar field
• Must be a team player, flexible, defendable and punctual
• Proven ability to multi-task
• HND (Higher National Diploma).
• Diploma in Electrical/Telecom Engineering.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Paktya
Make sure to write the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email and send your CV along with a cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.