|Date Posted:||May 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG):
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas. Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services providers facings a challenging environment.
Performs a variety of operational work in the development, installation, and maintenance of the ACG Fiber Optic Communications transmission and distribution system.
- These duties shall be performed while maintaining and enforcing a very high standard of safety and workmanship.
- Promotes positive customer service relations through daily interactions with customers encountered in the field or work place along with displaying a positive attitude and work ethic in cooperating with ACG and fellow employees.
- Performs related work as required.
- Have a neat appearance and positive attitude while performing duties for ACG.
Requires travel to provinces:
§ Proficient in fiber cable termination with connectors
§ Well versed in fusion splicing machine technique
§ Ability to work in all areas in Afghanistan
§ Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including
§ Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Splicing, testing, and troubleshooting of fiber sites and links.
- Restoring links within 2 hours or less depending on the criticality
- Maintain logs of daily activities.
- Installs, operates, and maintains transmission and distribution fiber optic lines and associated equipment.
- Performs setting up and preparation of fiber optic lines in vaults, hand-holes, and pedestals.
- Performs preparation and fusion splicing of the fiber optic lines.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, the installation of fiber, ducts, vaults, hand-holes, pedestals, fiber service drops, and the installation, pulling, terminating of fiber optic lines; and the installation of the associated communications equipment.
- Assists or performs the field marking and locating of the existing ACG fiber optic facilities
- Successfully manage all assigned Fiber Optic O&M work and meet customer expectations
- Implement and monitor reporting methods for multiple contractors and vendors.
- Provide effective problem resolutions to facilitate faster O&M deliveries and improved working relationships between the client/customer and field team.
- Troubleshoot, negotiate and mediate client or subcontractor problems or complaints that arise at site level.
- Ensure consistent and continuous compliance by all employees and vendors with safety and regulatory requirements, standards and protocols.
- Adheres to SLA to achieve Network Maintenance Availability & MTTR operational targets.
- Minimize OPEX costs without compromising safety, system quality or operational impact.
- Follow standard operating procedures for carrying out installation, complaints, preventive maintenance and documentation of the network.
- Prepare reports and presentations describing activity, project status and presentations for management meetings and business review.
- Assists with the layout, assignment, installation, and documentation of fiber optic for new distribution lines and service drops.
- Interacts with all departments by assisting with the inventory control program.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- 2+ years Fiber Optic experience (preference given to those with additional CFOT and CFOS/D Certifications.
- Experience using FO troubleshooting tools (i.e. OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.)
- Experience on IP would be a plus.