|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Telecommunication ,Computer Science,Telecome Engineering,Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
The Afghan Wireless Company is the first and the biggest GSM provider in Afghanistan.
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan
OFC Engineer will install and rectify all Optical Fiber Cable in Kabul and all regions of Afghanistan within the AWCC network as required. Support and coordinate with other departments or inter-department for any require work-related OFC tasks. Plan, design and recommend related OFC networks to uplift the company services internally and externally including leased line or customer network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Join a team of engineers and technicians tasked with ensuring the problem-free replacement of AWCC and external customer copper cable network with OFC. This is a cross-functional task and must work with MW, IPO, BSS, VSAT, VAS, IN, IT teams, etc. to provide required connectivity between network elements.
2. Maintain accurate documentation of the configurations of all OFC infrastructure deployed in AWCC’s network and at other customer premises all over Afghanistan.
3. Task involves the installation of ODF, fiber splicing, optical fiber testing using different tools and test equipment such as; OTDR, splicing machine, fiber finder, tone generator, optical power meter, fiber inspection probe, and other accessories for troubleshooting and splicing.
4. Troubleshoot and repair any faults that may occur in the OFC networks, this includes replacing damaged connectors and splicing broken cables.
5. Ensure that trouble tickets generated for all faults and incidents will be responded to and that the NOC is kept informed for any resolution and rectification.
6. Ensure routine preventive maintenance tasks are performed for all OFC infrastructure in AWCC and external customer networks.
7. Coordinate test and fault investigation activities as required and coordinate with vendors and customers to resolve any technical issues.
8. Coordinate CMF and upgrade/enhancement activities as required.
9. Actively work in transferring skills and knowledge to local staff.
10. Liaison with other Departments in the provision of special services and requirements as required by Business Operation, Sales & Marketing, and NRD Departments.
11. Maintain all peripheral equipment such as Multiplexers, UPS equipment, etc.
12. Good verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with maintenance and support personnel of vendors and AWCC and AWCC’s external customers.
13. A team player with a strong commitment to transferring knowledge to other staff.
14. strong analytical skills and the ability to isolate the root cause of problems.
Must be a university graduate of any bachelor course (BSC in Electrical/ Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineering or ICIT) with a minimum of 2 years work experience in Fiber Optic.