|Date Posted:||Jul 16, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware,IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
OFC Engineer – Responsible for the installation and rectification of all Optical Fibre Cable related work in Herat and all regions over Afghanistan within AWCC network as required. Support and coordinate with other department or inter-department for any require work related OFC works. Plan, design and recommend related OFC network to uplift the company services internally and externally including leased line or customer network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Join a team of engineers and technicians tasked with ensuring the problem-free replacement of AWCC and external customer copper cable network with OFC. This is a cross functional tasks and must work with MW, BSS, VSAT, VAS, IN and IT teams etc to provide required connectivity between network elements.
• Maintain accurate documentation of the configurations of all OFC infrastructure deployed in AWCC’s network and at other customer premises all over Afghanistan
• Troubleshoot and repair any faults that may occur in the OFC networks, this includes replacing damaged connectors and splicing broken cables.
• Ensure that trouble tickets that are generated for all faults and incidents will be responded and that the NOC is kept informed for any resolution and rectification being done.
• Ensure routine preventive maintenance tasks are performed for all OFC infrastructure in AWCC and external customer networks
• Experience with cross –connect, fusion and optical power measurement.
• Coordinate test and fault investigation activities as required and coordinate with vendors and customers to resolve any technical issues.
• Coordinate CMF and upgrade/enhancement activities as required.
• Actively work in transferring skills and knowledge to other local staff..
• Liaison with other Departments in the provision of special services and requirements as required by Business Operation, Sales & Marketing and NRD Departments
• Maintain all peripheral equipment such as Multiplexers, UPS equipment, etc.
• Good verbal and written English communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with maintenance and support personnel of vendors and AWCC and AWCC’s external customers.
• A team player with a strong commitment transferring knowledge to other staff,
strong analytical skills and the ability to isolate the root cause of problems
The applicant must be university graduated BSC in Electrical/ electronic/ Telecommunication Engineering or ICIT gradated with minimum 3 years’ experience in Fiber Optic
1. Must be University Graduated from EEE or telecom department
2. Must have minimum 2 years working experience in OFC
3. Willing to travel to the remote part of the country.
4. Willing to daily inspection of The OFC Cable from Herat to Torghodi Turkmenistan border
5. Familiarity with various test equipment
a. Fiber fusion splicer
b. OTDR measuring test equipment.
6. Familiarity of different OFC tools
a. Multi fiber buffer tube shaver
b. Armored cable slitting tool
c. Buffer tube scorer
d. Buffer tube slitter
e. Live fiber identifier and tone generator
f. Intelligent connector and fiber certifier
7. Ability to read and understand network design, specifications, and drawings.
8. Good communication skills and the ability to operate in a team