|Date Posted:||Mar 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan High Security Printing Compnay:
Based on a Cabinet Decision of December 2018, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, with support of the German Development Cooperation, is establishing a new company, Afghanistan High Security Printing (AHSP), as the sole provider of high security documents in Afghanistan.
The company was registered in February 2019 and is now hiring with the short-term goal to begin commercial production in early 2020, and the long-term goal to become a significant presence in regional markets. It is equipped with the latest tools and modern machinery and is looking for a dynamic team of leaders and support staff to assure timely implementation of its goals.
All staff is hired initially on renewable term contracts with the opportunity to transition to life-time employment some years later. AHSP is an equal opportunity employer. It offers competitive, above average compensation packages, and a supportive work environment.
Objective of the Role
The Assistant to Director General - who is also office manager - ensures the smooth operations of the office on a day-to-day basis in addition to providing guidance to other administrative or support staff in an efficient and friendly, yet professional manner.
Requires travel to provinces:
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor degree with 6 years of relevant experience and Master degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
· Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills
· Excellent communication and technical report writing skills
· Good interpersonal and time management skills
· Problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility, attention to detail
· Initiative and willingness to handle tasks alone
· Leadership and the ability to ‘make things happen’
· Excelling understanding of budgeting and accounting principles
· High level of customer service
· Strong skills in business management, negotiations and relationship building
· Computer literacy, experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook, experience in document design, layouts, and presentations
· Reliability and discretion in confidential matters
· Impeccable reputation, orderly financial circumstances, plus absolute reliability and discretion
· Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto languages, excellent knowledge of English
Availability for travel when needed
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities include to:
- Manages the petty cash and office budget
- Follows-up on public holidays, paid leaves, travel and sick leaves to schedule and organize meetings and prioritize issues related to company and general director agenda
- Coordinates with board members, staff and employees about deadlines, meetings, reviews, follow-ups and schedules
- Creates templates, sheets and charts for Administration documents
- Helps create online accounts and draft documents including letters, invitations, job descriptions, and lists of duties
- Drafts and proof-reads documents, prepares letters, presentations and reports
- Participates in data collection and research tasks
- Conducts tasks as assigned General Director
- Manages databases and archives all important document using a proper filing system
- Books transport and accommodation
- Organizes company events or conferences
- Orders stationery and furniture
- Deals with correspondence, complaints and queries from different stakeholders
- Liaises with staff, suppliers and clients
- Organizes induction program for new employees
- Ensures that health and safety policies are up to date
· Attends meetings with senior management and takes minutes of meetings
AHSP is a young company with a small staff, where versatility is highly prized. All staff is expected to acquire skills that allow them to fill in for selected other positions, should the regular staff in that position be absent for illness or other reason.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
A bachelor degree from any discipline with at least four years of similar experience in a mid-sized or large organization. Previous work for an international organization will be considered an asset.