|Date Posted:||Mar 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 6, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
The incumbent responsibilities include overall management and successful delivery of the Substation and Transmission Line projects on time, within budget and scope. In addition, the Transmission and Substation Project Manager will be accountable for ensuring adherence to the Clients and ZNCC 's QA/QC guidelines and reviews the work of peers, office and site team staff and sub-contractors to ensure timely project delivery and quality. The duty location for the incumbent will be based at the Company main office, Kabul but he will have regular site visits to projects locations.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Organization, project management and planning skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
2. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively in a team with active interaction.
1. Outstanding leadership skills required to build and motivate the project teams.
2. Exceptional communication skills are necessary when interfacing with internal & external stakeholders, and reviewing the project with management and customers.
3. Excellent computer system skills required for cost and schedule reporting (Primavera P6, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
4. Significant and professional client relationship management
5. Strong teamwork, time management and analytical skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management and operations of the Transmission line and Substation projects
- Directly control and manage the local subcontractors.
- Managing the project directly from initial to closeout phase in accordance to client’s requirements, and the company’s policies within the defined financial objectives and ensure success in safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Managing & preparing physical and electrical substation/transmission line project design and documents.
- Implementing various operations through proper coordination and control of planning, design, estimating, contracting and construction in the entire process.
- Specifying project objectives and plans including delineation of scope, budgeting, scheduling, quality control requirements, communications, setting performance requirements, and recruiting project team
- Close coordination with site team and strictly follows the work schedule.
- Maximizing resource efficiency through procurement and effective management of labor, materials, machineries and equipment.
- Coordinates the successful development and execution of project plans, including safety, scope, cost, schedule, cash flow, quality and risk for the projects.
- Lead the project team and provide clear, concise communication to the stakeholders and functional group members.
- Developing quarterly, monthly, and weekly activity work plans, and progress reviews reports;
- Coordinating and solving problem between Client and construction team in the job site and reflecting the problems with related departments within the company for further corrective action.
- Identify competent subcontractors and suppliers for projects by comparing and evaluating them based on price, scope, schedule, terms and qualifications.
- Responsible for negotiation, execution, and administration of agreements with customers, suppliers, service providers, and contractor resources.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Constantly monitor and schedule regular meetings on the status of the project.
- Verification of Contractor bills and reconciliation statements
- Establishes and manages proper documentation procedures
- Organizes all projects’ files and technical documents and maintains comprehensive project documentation.
- Travel to client sites/field/vendor facilities as needed.
- Any other job related tasks that shall be assigned by top management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Civil, or Structural Engineering (Masters Preferred)
2. Must have 8+ years’ experience in engineering positions and a minimum of 5 years’ background and prior experience in the Substation and Transmission Line Projects.
3. Reporting ability, financial management and cash flow analysis of the project
4. Strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to Jobs@zncc.com no later than 6-Apr-2020. The subject line of the email must be as: Office PM ZNCC/VA-06/2020.