|Date Posted:||Jul 10, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||692 - 693 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Officer (Clothes Designer) is responsible for carrying out all the designing and product development activities in Women's Producer Association as directed by the WE Manager & Project Supervisor. The incumbent must be expert in the Tailoring and Designing Field and should have high level of technical aspects with Market Driven Trainings to build an Enterprise of Women skilled in Tailoring & Embroidery.
Provinces to travel:
Education: Bachelor of Economics or relevant fields is required.
5 years relevant experience in Fashion/Clothes Design
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
Availability to travel for research and product development.
Ability to do sketches by hand.
Excellent design and conceptual skills.
Excellent sense of style and color.
Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English Dari and Pashto is a requirement
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Mentor, Train and well equip the beneficiaries in all the technical practical and industrial aspects of Tailoring and Embroidery including value chain & value addition.
- A Fashion/Clothes Designer designs and assists with the production of clothing, identifies trends, and selects styles, fabrics, colors, prints and trims for a collection.
- Will sketch designs by hand, create technical production drawings and address buyers as a seasoned marketer.
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
- Develop minimum 20 prototypes or samples (with documentation) for new and day style designs based on the market demand and needs.
- To give lots of extra time and double check to Quality Controls; the measurement, products, color and packaging and labeling etc.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Ensure developed packages are accurate.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
- Monitor the trainees work/ progress properly and provide required inputs to improve the skill of women
- Will support WE supervisor in daily/ weekly activities; with plannings for various activities during the training and capacity building.
- Any other task given by the supervisor.
- Minimum 20 Prototypes with the complete process and development document on each prototype.
- Deliver Trainings on the following themes to build the capacities of PA members-
- Quality control and Documentations,
- Advance Training on Tools & Equipments for Tailoring,
- Embroidery - Basics and Advance,
- Specific context related Literacy and Book-keeping.
- Participate & Support in Market Linkage Activities like Exhibitions, roundtable & exposure visits, with and on behalf of the PA
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor of Economics or relevant fields is required