|Date Posted:||Jan 31, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Operation Assistant will assist Chief Operating Officer (COO) with day to day clerical tasks and provides administrative support at the HQ. He or she will be responsible for taking and distributing minutes of management meetings and other meetings, drafting memos, letters, translation and other tasks as advised by the COO. The Operations Assistant will be also responsible to carry out HQ coordination functions and keep records for the COO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assisting the Chief Operating Officer 50%
1. Assist COO with day to day clerical jobs.
2. Organize and file all papers and office documents related to COO office.
3. Manage meeting schedules and appointments for the COO.
4. Facilitate sharing of information from the COO to the regional managers and FA head of departments.
5. Assist in making flight reservation, passport and visa requests for the COO in close contact with Administration department and travel agents and prepare all travel documents and follow up.
6. Be responsible for the registration of all correspondences in coming and outgoing related to the management.
7. Carry out translation for the directors from national languages into English and vise versa.
8. Typing letters or scripts as and when required by COO.
9. Assist COO in printing, photocopying, scanning, faxing and other administration duties.
HQ Coordination 20%
1. Receive and look after all visitors to the Headquarters in a friendly manner.
2. Coordinate and manage COOsâ€™ external and internal meetings with FINCA staff and visitors/donors in a timely manner.
3. Assist in the co-ordination of travel arrangements with logistics for the COO.
Record Keeping 20%
1. Assist in creating and maintaining a proper filling system for the management.
2. Maintain/prepare parcel and logging and keep records of in/out letters.
3. Be responsible for taking minutes of meetings and distributing minutes to all relevant staff members.
Administrative Functions 10%
1. Provide day to day personal administrative support to the COO.
2. Communicate and follow up all administrative issues related to the HQ with administration department.
Operations Assistant performs other tasks not listed in this Job Description but are reasonably associated to the position. The Operations Assistant must show initiative and complete all tasks by his/her supervisor promptly and to the standard expected. The Headquarters Coordinator can draw on the support and advice of her supervisor and colleagues but is nonetheless ultimately responsible for completing the above tasks without being asked. The Operations Assistant must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked. The Operations Assistant must do his/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by his/her supervisor.
1. University Graduate or equivalent.
2. At least two years of administrative and clerical work experiences with international NGOs.
3. Good command of English, Dari and Pashto languages.
4. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, self- motivated and a commitment to transparency.
5. Able to work under pressure.
6. Excellent knowledge and skill of computer operating (Ms-office).
7. Be flexible, honest and trustworthy.