|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Bank of Pakistan:
National Bank of Pakistan as Pakistan's premier bank is determined to setting the highest standards of achievement. NBP is currently 75% owned by the Government of Pakistan and places special emphasis on fostering economic growth through a broad-based lending policy and a wide range of product & services especially trade finance offered through its large network of branches both, Locally and Internationally. National Bank of Pakistan, Afghanistan operations is the first ever foreign bank in Afghanistan Since 2003.
As the Bank’s Operations Manager he/she oversees the daily operations area of the banking, including Deposit/e-Banking, Compliance/Audit, and Business Continuity Planning. Also, is responsible for ensuring that the Bank’s Operational infrastructure is based upon a sound control environment and is properly aligned to support regulatory standards as well as the Bank’s Strategic growth plan.
Requires travel to provinces:
- professional use of Computer
- SWIFT / Remittances
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages operational staff resources and effectively administers performance evaluations and coaching for optimal skill development in the areas of Deposit Operations, IRA Administration, e-Banking.
- Oversees the Clear touch administration and security to ensure parameters and processing routines are adequately maintained and have adequate change management controls and testing environment deployed.
- Responsible for the Bank’s Project Management policy and guidelines to ensure the Bank is administering the appropriate level of risk management, communication and execution standards. Reports project and change management related progress and status to Senior Management on a regular basis. Provide project and change management training and support to all business units.
- Oversees the Compliance and Internal Audit area of the Bank to ensure policies, procedures, and controls are properly administered. Communicates the status of compliance and audit related items to both the Senior Management team as well as Audit Committee, as needed. Oversees operational elements of deposit services and e-Banking to ensure account processing workflow execution is effective, efficient and timely. Execute appropriate level of fraud monitoring and prevention activities, especially in the e-Banking environment. Reports operational volume, trends, risk elements, and fraud performance factors to Senior Management on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for Deposit Operation and e-Banking internal policies and procedures to ensure the control standards are effective and meet regulatory expectation. Provide trend reporting on operational risk and losses.
- Oversees the Fiserv Core Processing Account to ensure core processing feature/functions are meeting service level expectations and collaborates on new features to support the Bank’s strategic initiatives.
- Oversees the Bank’s Business Continuity Plan and Policy. Chairs the Bank’s BCP Committee meetings. Ensures that BCP teams are on track for proper BCP testing routines, System recovery, and BCP execution, if needed. Provide annual BCP training for the Bank’s Trustees, Management, and employees.
- Participates as the Operational Lead on new initiatives that support the Bank’s Strategic Plan. Active member of the Compliance/Audit Committee, as well as the IT Steering Committee.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
· Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent is required. A minimum of 3 years in the bank operations environment is required. Area of prior experience should include core application systems, Project Management execution, operational risk management assessments, online banking application administration, as well as supervisor/management expertise.
· Must be able to interact with all levels of Bank Management, Trustees, 3rd Party Vendors and Bank Auditors/Examiners.
· Must be proficient with Core Banking platforms, online banking platforms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
· Detail oriented with strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari both Written and Verbal