|Date Posted:||Jan 13, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Manager of WAW, the Operation Officer is overall responsible for the administration, financial and human resources management of WAW services within the UNHCR project in the North/Northeast Regions. S/he must oversee and control of the N/NERs operation activities and make sure that the expenditure of the project offices is according to the budget, WAW financial policy and regulation, donor’s and auditor’s requirements.
To facilitate for accountable practices, S/he should work closely with WAW Regional Manager, assist with budgeting, budget follow-up and revisions and will be as the point of contact person in the north and northeast regions for all operational tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act according to the policy and regulation of WAW organization
• Develop good co-operation with WAW Departments, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
• Promote an attitude of team spirit, strong focus on quality and keep updated with issue related to the project and the environments in the north and north east regions.
• Control the attendance and leave of related project staff as well as visitors, and staff registration log books.
• Preparation and arrangement of monthly, quarterly and annual plan in accordance with the general plan to achieve the set goals.
• Preparation of Purchase Requests for all procurement or events for the N/NERs of the UNHCR project
• Updating the Human Resource database and personnel files accordingly and effective share/key role of hiring process for N/NERs positions
• Responsible for the administrative support of the N/NERs offices including scheduling meetings and preparing written communications including generating meeting minutes, compiling weekly/monthly reports, visitors list, correspondence, forms and operating procedures.
• Responsible for the human resources of the N/NERs offices including collecting time-sheets, processing staff leave, and preparing payroll on regularly basis.
• Responsible for the office inventory and supplies; maintain stock of office supplies
• Collaborate in pursuing orders, letters and relevant project documents for the north and northeast regions
• Oversee and assure an adequate and appropriates filing system for the north/northeast regions that WAW implemented UNHCR community based protection monitoring project.
• Take responsibility for own work and honestly seeking to achieve organizational and personal objectives groups.
• Supervise the work of the support staff and provide regular feedback to them.
• Ensure that all operations are carried on in an appropriate and cost-effective and the activities foreseen in the project are conducted in adherence to humanitarian principles and confidentiality.
• Establish and maintain congenial relationship with relevant governmental and non-governmental actors.
• Builds and maintains effective relationship with team, colleagues, approachable and supportive with developed listening skills.
• To lead the finance unit, and to actively assist WAW Regional Manager in the budget preparations, follow up, revision and to secure accountable practices according to the WAW’s financial policy and regulations.
• Handle offices operations of the UNHCR project in the N/NERs including the deposits, withdrawals of fund and other operations-related transactions for the amount up to the authorized approval limit.
• Process all types of routine transactions, track and maintain budgets of operational costs related to the project.
• To maintain and appropriate control over the transfer of funds, payments and bookkeeping of the project offices.
• To control that all the payments from the project is according to the approved budget and the financial regulations
• To monitor the expenditures against the budget for all section of the project office and report to WAW Finance Manager and the concerned units if over/under spending occurs.
Scanning and copying of financial transaction/vouchers for monthly reconciliation to finance team
• Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly cash count.
• Stay in close coordination with WAW HQ Admin/HR/ Finance Manager and adhere the policy and procedure in time to time within the donor.
• Any other tasks as assigned by Regional Manager or Admin/HR and Finance Manager.
• Corresponding on pouches such as monthly financial report and other related shipments.
• Report staff members travel (departure and arrival) between provinces and capital if requested.
• Check Attendance sheets and leave applications of security guards and make sure they are briefed on leave policy.
• Keep record of all air/road missions for N/NERs
• Fully to be in touch with Kabul Security and Operations team in coordination with regional manager
• Conduct security briefing for support staff’s special security guard in the N/NERs.
• Coordinating an Incident Response and proper report to the line manager.
• Minimum of three years’ relevant work experience
• Bachelor Degree in BBA, Economics, Commerce
• Good knowledge of general Operational principles
• Fluency in English and Dari and/ or Pashto, both written and spoken
• Computer Skill at Operation level, mainly with MS Office Packages and Quick Book
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within team
• Uphold the highest humanitarian standard and principles
• Ability to communicate effectively in coordination fora, meeting with authorities and other stakeholders
• Understanding and sensitivity to cultural issues
• Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
• Willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
• Values, Accountability, Integrity and Creative
• Be able to prioritize work
• Be able to work under pressure