|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The Ministry of Education (MoE) of Afghanistan is leading the implementation of the third National Education Strategic Plan (NESP III: 2017-2021) for the goal to prepare skilled and competent citizens through the education system to sustain Afghanistan’s socioeconomic development and social cohesion in the country. To this end, the World Bank supports the MoE through EQRA project, aiming to provide support to increase equitable access to education, improving learning conditions, and strengthening sector planning capacity and transparency.
ECE pilot project is commissioned under component four of EQRA project. The component aims to strengthen the capacity of the MoE at the national and sub-national levels to achieve results in priority areas, and more broadly, to manage the delivery of quality education services promoted under NESP III. Under this pilot project a one-year ECE will be delivered to children of age 5-6 to prepare them for a smooth transition to primary school.
To commence and implement the pilot activities, an Operation Officer at national level is required to coordinate all the pilot activities related costs and schedule with the related MoE directorates. Support the related departments and executives with project tasks, strategic planning and time management. Assist in the preparation of budgets, manage records and receipts being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters according to the expectations and agreed protocols, within a timeframe as defined by the ECED, MoE, and the World Bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative and finance support at all stages of the ECE pilot.
2. Follow up with MoE Procurement and Services Directorate to finalize pending tasks.
3. Facilitate the Capacity building activities (day-to-day, consultation workshops, events, a series of trainings, study visits etc.).
4. Follow up tasks on ECED study visits abroad.
5. Facilitate and support policy and model development related events.
6. Prepare a central database record of all financial and administrative tasks, and transactions for future record.
7. Arrangement of transparent logistic and financial arrangement to ensure the accountability for the audit required for Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank.
8. Organization and provision of logistical support (transport, per-diem, etc.) for the duration of pilot activities.
9. Follow up with concerned departments at MoE for arrangement of necessary logistics as per ECE budget and work plan.
10. Work as liaison between GED and other MoE directorates and stakeholders to coordinate admin and finance related tasks.
11. Follow up with Finance Department to keep updated records of budget lines according to the approved ECE budget plan.
12. Monitor project plans, schedules, work-hours, budget and expenditure.
13. ECE pilot relevant tasks assigned by the Project Coordinator.
14. Prepare and send reports as required and requested by MoE/ECED.
1. ECED office equipment’s procured.
2. ECE Pilot logistics procured.
3. Required logistics for ECED study visits prepared.
4. Consultation workshops for ECE Pilot carried.
5. Monthly progress reports with administrative and financial updates submitted.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social sciences or relevant fields.
Demonstrated minimum 5-7 years of experience in organizing large-scale logistic and administrative work for public sector in Afghanistan, within the past ten years.
Demonstrated strong capacity and experience in planning and organizing logistics arrangement for project activities.
Demonstrated strong capacity and experience in logistic arrangement (travel, conference etc.), accounting (book keeping, management of cash, cheque and banking account(s), fiscal settlement, proper record keeping for audits), procurement of goods and services, and asset & consumable management (including supply and record) and troubleshooting for the matters related to general affairs.
Demonstrated efficient performance and experience in recording daily, monthly, yearly transactions, preparing balance sheets, processing invoices.
Able to develop an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and process, especially for the project-type activities.
Demonstrated strong capacity and experience in needs assessment, planning and follow up.
1. Good team player
2. Excellent coordination skills
3. Excellent Communication Skills
4. Excellent interpersonal Skills
5. Outstanding Problem-Solving skills
6. Excellent Report Writing Skills
Fluent in English, Pashtu and Dari.
Geography: Based in Kabul, will be travelling to provinces regularly.
Key Reporting Relationship:
The position is required to report on an agreed timeframe to ECE Project Manager.