|Date Posted:||Jan 4, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MAIL (CDRRP, CBARD & CCAP):
Agriculture is the foundational basis of Afghan society. Approximately 80% of the population is engaged in agriculture directly or in secondary or tertiary activities. It is in this sector that the future of Afghanistan’s wealth and potential for capital accumulation resides. While some of Afghanistan’s former agricultural infrastructure have been restored, considerably more, remains to be done. Lack of agriculture technology, infrastructure, and difficulty in accessing markets by farmers still remain as challenges in the sector. This is in spite of the enormous potential of agriculture as the sector that can drive economic growth.
These challenges and dependence of rural households on low-value crops on scarce arable land and their vulnerability to increasingly severe droughts and floods due to climate change adversely contribute to viability of opium poppy cultivation as an easily marketable and drought-resistant option. Having said this, it also presents an opportunity as farmers, producers, and processors and traders are demanding increased support from the government, realizing the potential of agriculture as a viable economic option if provided with the requisite technologies and infrastructure.
The Community Based Agriculture and Rural Development (CBARD) project funded by the US Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) aims at supporting improved household income reducing dependency on illicit cultivation / production in 163 selected communities in Nangarhar, Farah and Badghis provinces. The project objective is to prove the viability of high-value agricultural-based interventions in improving local economies of Nangarhar, Badghis and Farah as a sustainable alternative to illicit crop cultivation. The project has three outputs; (i) Local production of, and market for, high-value crops improved; (ii) Community-based agro-business infrastructure are built, developed, and/or strengthened; and (iii) Potential Markets (including national and international) for CBARD products established. The project will be implemented by MAIL. The Programme supported by UNDP, provides a framework for increased cohesion of policies, strategies, and results of the ongoing and future joint interventions between MAIL and UNDP.
Under the direct responsibility of the Project Manager, the Operations Unit Head is responsible to lead, implement, and coordinate over all operational (Administration, HR, Logistics, Finance, Contracts & Procurement Management) efforts to implement all program activities, and specifically responsible for:
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
To implement coordinate all administration, logistics, financial, procurement and human resources tasks according to the program policy and procedure.
• Responsible for the development of the strategic plan for all operational activities
• Responsible for the overall guidance, planning and supervision of regional and central operational teams;
• Provide technical support to the operation team on the implementation of project plan and continuous improvement of the project staff;
• Ensure effective internal communications both within the Operations team and across the organization;
• Establish and maintain appropriate staff resources of the Operations Team to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the agreed quality standard;
• Manage appropriate personal development plans for all Operations staff;
• Provides detailed administrative, logistical, and hands-on technical support to Regional and Implementing Partners staffs.
• To oversee all security, travel, accommodation, and communications arrangements in support of project staff, including short-term technical advisors.
• Supervises all operation team (HR, financial, procurement and admin) and reports to the project manager
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the project manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Should have Master Degree in or equivalent in Business Administration, Project Management, operations management, Finance or Financial Economic,Agriculture with 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of experience in Operations Management, with reputable organizations.
• Good presentation, administration, budgeting, organizational, capacity building, conflict resolution, communication, monitoring and evaluation skills are needed.
• Able to work in harmony with people from diverse backgrounds with a national perspective.
• Previous experience of operations management in donor funded national development projects.
• Fluency in both languages (Dari and Pashto, Spoken and written) would be desirable
• Should be able to communicate effectively in English.