|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Logistics,Monitoring and Evaluation,Operation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Operations Manager reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). He or she works cooperatively with the other Project employees to contribute to the success of the AMELA Project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervise the residence maintenance staff to assure high quality maintenance and operational capacity at all times.
· Manage the residence cleaning staff and gardeners
· Review and approve timesheets for life support staff if needed
· Manage the life support budget
· Oversee the delivery of essential services and utilities including electricity, plumbing, and sewage
· Review and maintain log for fuel purchases, consumption, generator’s repairs, and maintenance
· Work closely with the DCOP to be the point of contact for the residence
· Manage all MSI project transportation requirements with the subcontractor transportation manager/staff and oversee the registration of vehicles, documents, quality, and maintenance
· Review and recommend for approval security and transportation subcontractor timesheets and invoices for payment if needed
Receive security information reports in conjunction with the Project Risk Manager and advise the COP regarding personnel/client security, including the security of the compound and safe transportation operations
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Four (4) years of relevant experience managing life support for projects in conflict zones;
· University degree in international development or related fields;
· Experience working with security providers.