|Date Posted:||Nov 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Finance & Administration Officer works alongside District team to provide timely financial, administrative, logistical and human resource management support. As a member of the district team the post holder is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day finance and operations tasks in line with established policies and procedures; systems and processes and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable finance & operations person with good initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and decision-making, financial accounting and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software MS Office etc.
b. knowledge of internal controls and donor rules and regulations
c. Ability to deal with challenging work situations.
d. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
e. Competent and able to meet tight deadlines.
f. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
g. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
h. Sensitivity to gender issues.
i. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
j. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
Duties & Responsibilities:
Finance/Accounting & Treasury:
- Ensure that sufficient cash is available to meet immediate operational needs at district level in close collaboration with district manager and coordinators as well provincial operations managers
- Provide forms and vouchers to ensure that they are properly completed; the required supporting documents are attached; all donor, organisational and statutory requirements are complied with and that they are duly approved in line with the approval authority limits in place.
- Ensure that expenditure is coded correctly in terms of amounts, budget codes/lines, general ledger codes, project codes as well as any other analysis codes as may be applicable.
- Maintain cash book at district level which reconcile with money exchanger balance.
- Conduct physical verification of assets at district levels as well as facilitate their disposal /write-off in line with organisational policy and the Afghanistan NGO law.
- Liaise with provincial and head office staff regarding district financial matters.
Administration & Logistics:
- Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day administration and logistics activities of the District Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all materials required for the projects are provided at the right quality, time and place as per request and that all purchases are made in a cost effective manner and in accordance with Afghanaid policy and procedure.
- Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date district office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
- Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the district office.
- Ensure all legal obligations of the offices, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
- Be active promoter of healthy, clean, safe and well maintained living/working environments; suitable for both men and women.
- Ensure that hygienic and healthy food and drinks are served to staff.
- Act as a liaison person with provincial operations manager for technical support.
Human Resources (HR):
- Ensure all recruitment at district level is conducted in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Afghanaid policy and labour law as well as actively promote the employment of women.
- Coordinate the safe and secure movement of staff and visitors and recording in the registration books.
- Ensure that all staff of administration have performance objectives set and they are reviewed regularly in a timely manner.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline and studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance and operations.