|Date Posted:||Jul 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
With more than 20 years of experience in the country, the UNOPS Afghanistan office supports national reconstruction and development efforts by providing projects with goods and services - from stand-alone, one-off solutions to long-term management and capacity development support. Based in Kabul, UNOPS in Afghanistan has sub-offices in every region of the country. The team implements projects in support of the Afghanistan National Development Strategy, in a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, education, environment and agriculture, and governance and rule of law.
UNOPS is seeking to an IAIC Call Handling Agent (“Operator”) to be responsible for answering and making calls, sharing information with and gathering information from callers, inputting accurate data entry, and flagging urgent issues. The Operator must be proficient with written and spoken English, Dari and Pashtu. Knowledge of Urdu is an asset. The outcome of this consultancy is to further strengthen and streamline IAIC’s management processes as part of its overall objective to strengthen accountability to affected populations in Afghanistan. The IAIC is currently open seven days per week, from 7am to 7pm; Shift schedules are open to change depending on operational requirements. Female operators are available during working hours.
Requires travel to provinces:
https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/12.png">Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/7.png">Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/8.png">Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/9.png">Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/10.png">Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/5.png">Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/11.png">Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.https://jobs.unops.org/images/competencies/en/6.png">Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This result of this consultancy achieves IAIC’s objectives through the provision of:
- Information sharing, information gathering, inputting data accurately, and escalation of urgent issues;
- Professional-grade call handling ability, displaying sensitivity, neutrality, and patience, and adhering to confidentiality and data protection principles;
- Knowledge and implementation of protection standards
The incumbent reports to the Project Manager, who reports to the Head of Programme Afghanistan Operations Centre (AFOC) - Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Operator will perform the following duties with transparency and integrity, and in adherence to the humanitarian standards for information management as provided by the Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance (ALNAP), the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) and the Sphere Handbook:
- Capture and relay accurate and timely information to callers in a professional manner while conducting inbound and outbound calls ensuring absolute data entry accuracy and adherence to protection, data protection, and confidentiality principles;
- Liaise with supervisors, other operators, and third parties to gather information and resolve issues. Represent the call centre in meetings, when required;
- Receive inbound calls and make outbound calls, including for monitoring and evaluation purposes;
- Handle calls in a timely and professional manner, including distressing calls. Ensure that all calls are treated with the degree of empathy, respect, dignity, and understanding commensurate with the sensitivity of the call and the vulnerability of the caller;
- Write clear and concise caller notes in English, ensuring a rapid call handling time;
- Build and foster an effective workplace environment;
- Attend briefings, meetings, trainings, quality assurance performance improvement sessions called by supervisors. Maintain and advance core skills (active listening, stress management) and to augment existing skills, knowledge, and capacity on specific areas, including protection and gender-related issues. When required, represent the call centre in meetings;
- Remain informed of accurate and up-to-date information on the humanitarian response and information relevant to affected communities;
- Support visibility efforts to raise awareness of the IAIC among affected populations and humanitarian actors – this may involve field visits and/or representation at meetings, among other activities;
- Support internal and external information management structures to ensure the timely accurate delivery of information to both affected populations: Flag information gaps and call trend analysis to supervisors. Ensure that enquiries that fall beyond the scope of developed scripts, intake forms, and guidance notes are referred to the supervisor for further action;
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, follow procedures, and act professionally at all times – especially under times of stress;
- Conduct self-appraisals and apply for leave in accordance to guidelines;
- Perform duties in line with key performance indicators (KPI) (eg time to resolve issue, time per interaction, optimisation rate, number of interactions handled per day, performance indicators);
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their job; incumbents may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility, including taking meeting minutes. Perform Acting Supervisor duties as required;
The interview process will include a technical examination and a phone/in-person interview. Duration and Timeline: initial two-month contract, with possibility to extend depending on performance.
The incumbent will receive relevant training to implement their duties professionally and to the highest standard. The incumbent must be willing to work flexible hours on a shift schedule.
Impact of results
The outcomes of the role impacts UNOPS IAIC project. The work of the Project Manager contributes to achievement of UNOPS mission and vision:
- To expand the capacity of the United Nations system and its partners to implement peace building, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need.
- To satisfy UNOPS partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost-effectiveness.
In particular, the results of the Project Manger contribute to the following strategic goals:
- Enhanced accountability and transparency, through the delivery of services that meet or exceed expectations
- Enhanced UNOPS operational capacity through improved process efficiency and effectiveness of UNOPS practices
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Assessment of task completion
- Successfully meeting deadlines
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Secondary education required, Diploma or University Degree, preferably in international relations or IT.
- 6 years of related work experience, in the humanitarian or development field, customer service, call centre, IT, administration
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating active listening skills and patience
- Proven experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Advanced experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven experience of working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, diverse team.