|Date Posted:||Feb 27, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
- Duty and responsibilities are mentioned as below:
Requires travel to provinces:
- The ideal candidate is a Goal-oriented team-player that is self-motivated, can self-manage and achieve organizational objectives to the highest level.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple assignments, be a creative problem solver, and demonstrate solid initiative; all of these skills are integral for success at AWCC.
- Good communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Optical Fiber Engineer is responsible for maintaining uptime and quality of the network segment (both optical media & equipment) assigned to him by undertaking periodic preventive maintenance activities and ensuring effective fault management in case of fault occurrence. He is also required to coordinate activities for installation and commissioning of Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) as per the route plan
- This job requires the individual to work closely with multiple teams and operate in field which may consist of difficult terrain. The individual should be able to handle high pressure situations and be analytical to successfully perform the assigned responsibilities. It is preferred that individual is well versed with local language to coordinate with local labours.Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of optical fiber systems or components.
- Design, integrate, or test optical fiber systems or components.
- Determine applications of optical fiber appropriate to meet product objectives or features.
- Determine commercial, industrial, scientific, or other uses for electro-optical applications or devices.
- Write reports or research proposals.
- Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Document design processes including objectives, issues, and outcomes.
- Oversee or provide expertise on manufacturing, assembly, or fabrication processes.
- Analyze, fabricate, or test fibre-optic links.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor in Electronics / Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in the Telecommunication including knowledge of various telecommunication products, services and technologies.
- Experience in the Telecommunication engineering field (specifically OFC), including knowledge of various telecommunication products, services and technologies.
- Fluency in Pashto & Dari
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Application
- 5 years of experience in the required field (Letter Required).