|Date Posted:||Jul 16, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
• Optical Fibre supervisor must have prior experience in Fibre optical projects supervision.
• Ensure the fibre engineers and techs under him are utilized effectively and well controlled.
• Ensure that there is an appropriate emergency action plan (EAP) in place to protect the employees in case of fires electrical storms hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.
• Make sure the plan is site specific for each job and that it is communicated clearly with employees.
• Make sure there is trenching and excavation program is in place and that all applicable parts are clearly communicated to employees.
• Clearly communicate to all employees their assigned tasks (S) and responsibility.
• Enforce the policies and procedure that are to be allowed when the excavating across the foreign utilities and other underground structure.
• He is also required to work closely with multiple teams and operate in field which may consist of difficult terrain.
• The individual should be able to handle high pressure situations and be analytical to successfully perform the assigned responsibilities. It is preferred that individual is well versed with local language to coordinate with local labours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyse system performance or operational requirements.
• Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of optical fiber systems or components.
• Design, integrate, or test optical fiber systems or components.
• Determine applications of optical fiber appropriate to meet product objectives or features.
• Determine commercial, industrial, scientific, or other uses for electro-optical applications or devices.
• Write reports or research proposals.
• Design electro-optical sensing or imaging systems.
• Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
• Document design processes including objectives, issues, and outcomes.
• Oversee or provide expertise on manufacturing, assembly, or fabrication processes.
• Analyse, fabricate, or test fibre-optic links.
Bachelor in Electronics / Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Experience in the Telecommunication including knowledge of various telecommunication products, services and technologies.
Experience in the Telecommunication engineering field (specifically OFC), including knowledge of various telecommunication products, services and technologies.
Fluency in Pashto & Dari
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision
Proficient in Microsoft Application
5 years of experience in the required field (Letter Required).
The ideal candidate is a Goal-oriented team-player that is self-motivated, can self-manage and achieve organizational objectives to the highest level.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple assignments, be a creative problem solver, and demonstrate solid initiative; all of these skills are integral for success at AWCC.
Good communication skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Kindly mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mail:
(Optical Fibre Supervisor/AWCC/REC/20/VA/043) Otherwise your application will not be acceptable. To be mentioned your resume should not exceed than One MB. AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to job or on the status of individual applications due to high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.