|Date Posted:||May 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG):
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas. Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services providers facings a challenging environment.
The fibre surveyor will be required to travel to different provinces in Afghanistan to complete and prepare planned fiber routes into commercial and business premises. The fibre surveyor will be required to assess the routes to ensure they are safe for Implementation by adopting a Health & Safety risk assessment. Responsible for surveying fiber routes along highway to buildings. Understanding and survey the existing Fibre Network infrastructure including duct formations and identify potential for upgrades and Risk will be part of the duties.
Provinces to travel:
· PC Literate (proficient in MS Office) with good reporting and communication skills.
· A good practical knowledge of all current legislation associated with road works and approval process from MOPW.
· Proficient in Visio, Google Earth, and using various design software packages such as GIS, CAD to create professional job packs would be a bonus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct a detailed geological and topographic for optic fiber trenching route utilizing DGPS equipment and later plotting the points on a GIS system.
- Collate the information gathered in a concise & legible manner incl. survey notes, sketches, photos and present it clearly for submission to the Fiber Planning Team.
- Validate existing infrastructure and capture route data for the planned fibre route
Compile fibre survey report & measurements on a survey report (excel format), capture the planned route manholes on Google Earth and plot obtain & accurately record all existing site information and propose the most practical solution based on Technical specification. Giving the implementation team guidance on what machinery and route to construct based on the land conditions.
- Be professional, safety conscious and conscientious always, both on and off site.
- Liaise with all those involved on site at survey incl. but not limited to Site Provider (Landlord) or their appointed Agent/Engineer, Acquisition, Planning, Construction, Council, General Public etc.
- Compile all project specific reports and associated documentation for archiving, with a strong focus on quality and deadlines.
- Assist with resolving any queries to enable sites to progress to Design & Implementation as quickly as possible.
- always Comply with company policies/procedures .
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Academic or Industry Certifications in surveying or geology and or related fields (degree preferred).
· 2 years’ experience + in a similar challenging project, with the ability to read maps and geological surveys.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit a comprehensive cover letter along with a copy of their updated Curriculum vitae (CV) to ACG's human resource department email address. Please note that you must include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of any email in response to this job announcement, application received after the closing date will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
(Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply)