|Date Posted:||May 22, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/Parliamentary Affairs Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Jun 3, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Parliamentary Affairs Advisor will work under direct supervision of the MoMP authority. He is responsible to closely liaise between office of H.E Minister, parliament and other commissions of it. Attend highly meetings with the parliament members, collect the required information and provide reports to H.E Minister and regularly update the H.E Minister about any progress made.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Parliamentary Affairs Advisor is comprised of the following but not limited to;
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Communicate and coordinate between the office of H.E Minister, parliament and all other commissions of it and updated of the overall process and functionality of the affairs.
3. Attend all parliamentary meetings and provide updates and briefs to the office of Minister.
4. Play the role of focal point between the Ministry, parliament, and all other commissions.
5. Review the parliamentary documents and brief H.E the Minister.
6. Identify priorities and gaps for parliament and other commissions of it.
7. Attend all parliament members and other commissions members meeting with H.E the Minister and provide updates and reports to the office of H.E Minister
8. Follow up on the activities/tasks agreed during the parliamentary and commissions meetings
9. Conduct regular assessment of the parliamentary activities to measure the effectiveness of the intervention and provide brief and reports to the H.E Minister.
10. Maximize effectiveness and efficiency parliament affairs and report to the office of the Minister.
11. Any other task as requested by H.E the Minister of Mines and Petroleum according to laws and regulations.
The candidate should have the following qualification:
At least Bachelor degree in Public Relations, Communication. Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related fields, Master degree will be preferred in these fields.
At least 7 years’ working experience to bachelor degree and 5years to master degree.
Excellent interpersonal and Communication and report writing skills
Knowledge of Computer software’s and Ms. Office packages
Language: Strong English Skills-Written and Spoken, Strong Dari or Pashtu Skills-Written and Spoken
Willing to work under pressure, and long hours
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and local languages
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level