|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
WHO estimates, nearly 20,000 Afghans suffer from various types of cancers each year while more than 15,000 die every year. The most common types of cancers are that of breast, stomach, oesophagus, lip/oral, cervix, and lung.
To address the increasing cancer incidence and deaths, the Ministry of Public Health established the National Cancer Control Program (NCCP). NCCP is addressing the problem through cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, palliative care, and research and surveillance. One of the major achievements of NCCP is the establishment first Cancer Department providing high quality healthcare services to Afghans.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in all laboratory and clinical procedures and have an extensive background in pathology. The position will require testing and analyzing samples to diagnose and treat diseases. Candidate must have experience using clinical equipment to conduct tests, with the ability to research the results. The job also entails supervising and managing lab assistants and technicians. The job also includes providing education and training to PGME students of Pathology, plus all attendant educational activities, which may include lecturing and small group active learning in laboratory facilities
Requires travel to provinces:
1) Has knowledge and confidence in interpretation of laboratory reports.
2) Is able to communicate effectively with all staff & hospital management.
3) Is able to correlate the laboratory test findings with the clinical picture of the patients.
4) Is able to advice on the antimicrobial therapy of the patients.
5) Is able to monitor smooth functioning of the clinical laboratory and able to handle administrative issues of the working staff.
6) Is able to impart basic educational sessions on lab safety and clinical lab functioning to laboratory staff.
7) Has an excellent communication skills/knowledge of written/spoken English and excellent clinical laboratory skills to provide technical & administrative support for the smooth functioning of laboratory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Examine tissue under microscope to detect characteristics of cell structure indicative of disease and writes diagnostic reports.
2. Devise and direct use of special stains and methods for isolating, identifying, and studying function, morphology, and pathology of obscure or difficult-to-identify cells and tissues.
3. Take part in research to develop techniques for diagnosing and identifying pathological conditions.
4. Contribute to the selection of equipment and selection of technical methods.
5. Make effective and efficient use of facilities to which he/she has access.
6. Have responsibility for continuing care of patients in his/her charge and undertake associated administrative duties.
7. Verify all results for the tests performed in the clinical laboratory.
8. Ensure timely reporting of all test results performed at the clinical laboratory.
9. Implement safety regulations within the premises of the clinical laboratory.
10. Advise on methods of collection of specimens for specialized laboratory tests.
11. Advise on choice of different culture media for growth and identification of various pathogens.
12. Report interpretation and handling of patient/physician complaints.
13. Train all technicians, technologists and residents to perform tests in all sections of the clinical laboratory. Conduct training sessions on regular basis for the laboratory staff.
14. Participate in learning sessions/CME activities.
15. Liaise with referring physicians and coordination with marketing team.
16. Liaise with other laboratories in region to achieve service benefits.
17. Keep records, prepare and update written reports and procedure manuals.
18. Ensure the smooth functioning of all the equipment & availability of materials used in the laboratory.
19. Contribute to the selection of equipment and selection of technical methods.
20. Examine tissue under microscope to detect characteristics of cell structure indicative of disease and writes diagnostic reports.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Should be a medical doctor (MD/MBBS)
- Specialization In Pathology
- At least two years of work experience after attaining those qualifications