|Date Posted:||Jun 25, 2020|
|Reference:||MoT/NRA/SRTAP/99 - 024|
|Closing Date:||Jul 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 5.5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MoT) Sustainable Reform & Technical Assistance Project (SRTAP):
Governmental office The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Transport (MoT).
Design all pavements to be used by, gathering data required for the design of pavements, conduct structural analysis, and perform an economic analysis of various pavement options.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ability to work with teams working on MoT, pavement engineering and materials engineering projects from the preliminary stage to planning and directing the field program, scheduling laboratory tests, analyzing ADT, AADT, ESAL analyzing the results, and writing reports.
· Proven experience in planning and supervising complex pavement and materials investigations and in writing reports and technical communications.
· Experience or aptitude for technical documents preparation, related sections development, working in a team setting against tight timelines and other skills appropriate to consulting.
· Proven experience working on and completing pavement design analysis for highways, secondary and urban roads.
· Set realistic goals and consistently achieve targets.
· Present technical papers at conferences and meetings.
· Manage projects and provide technical direction to project engineers.
· Ensuring quality control/quality assurance of field work, field data analysis and interpretation and engineering calculations.
· Working with MoT related sections members like Materials Engineers, Pavement Design Engineers and laboratory teams.
· Develop pavement design regularly according the MoT requirements and compiling with another country’s standards especially with AASHTO.
· Helping develop and participate in strong interoffice workshop coordination teamwork creation to achieve sustainable project goals.
· Write high quality of pavement design engineering reports according the pavement design methodology.
· Ensure MoPW satisfaction, including maintaining existing staff relationships, and developing new ones in future.
· Mentor junior staff and assist the management team.
· Any other assignment as required by the supervisor.
· Highly proficient in design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MX Road D and other structural design software.
· Excellent Computer skills in operating MS Windows and MS Office programs.
· Demonstrated ability to training and build capacity of counterparts.
· Proven organizational, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
· Be able and willing to travel to all provinces within Afghanistan, including insecure and volatile areas.
· Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
· Excellent interpersonal Skills
· Proven experience in analyzing ADT, AATD data and AASHTO design software.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
· Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· Self-discipline, integrity and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Specialization in Pavement Design with 5 years relevant experience
· Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or relevant field with 3 years experience.
· At least 5 years experiences in review the BOQ and quantity breakdown of survey and design contractors
· Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
· Copy of verified last Posting Contract
· Certificate’s and Appreciation Letter’s
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , kindly indicate the vacancy number (MoT/NRA/SRTAP/99-024) and the post title (Pavement Design Engineer) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit – Sustainable Reform and Technical Assistance Project of Ministry of Transport Kabul Afghanistan.
Office Add: SRTAP Office, NRAP Building, Kabul Jalalabad Road, In front Of KMTC, Ministry Of Transport, Kabul Afghanistan.