|Date Posted:||Oct 21, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 28, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) and France (GoF), and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
In consultation with Medical Director and in collaboration with PGME program Directors and faculties, other programs and training sites, the holder of this position will manage overall PGME program at FMIC including; Research, Exam and PGME Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Related to PGME Administration
- In consultation with Medical Director and in collaboration with program Director and faculty, other programs and training sites, prepare a master schedule of core and elective rotations for all residents in the program.
- Accommodate within the master schedule requests for core and elective rotations for residents from other programs or universities.
- Appoint new and reappoint returning residents.
- Ensure the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all research undertaken.
- Create a dynamic and forward-looking research environment for both faculties and residents.
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: such procedures will include teaching, research and management of all resources.
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external.
- Schedule and coordinate, in consultation with program faculty, other educational and related activities (e.g., research days, academic half days, resident wellness activities, retreats).
- Liaise with hospital sites regarding any issues related to resident training.
- Liaise with stakeholder organizations (e.g., Post Graduate Medical Education Department of MoPH of GoIRA and Postgraduate Medical Education Programme of Aga Khan University).
- Related to Research
- Develop research and related policies, guidelines, framework and agenda and work towards promoting the research culture, relevant to the epidemiology and needs of Afghanistan, sensitive to the cultural and religious values, thought patterns and experiences
- Work towards establishing a Research Support Unit, including the data management capacity at FMIC.
- Promote basic, clinical and public health and operational research in nursing and medicine at FMIC.
- Work closely with faculty, residents and other staff to help them in all research related activities, including developing research proposals, protocols, thesis etc.
- Develop linkages with national and international academic and research organizations, including with the Ministry of Public Health and Aga Khan University Research and Graduate Studies.
- Conduct courses on research methodology, epidemiology and biostatistics, research proposal development, manuscript writing and presentation skills epidemiology faculty and residents
C. Related to Exams Cell
- Plan, design and implement assessments and evaluation processes for core competencies
- Develop appropriate assessment formats, guidelines and checklist
- Oversee the process and analyze the assessments for results including different relevant indices
- Develop and maintain a question bank with the analysis of exams
- Conduct examiner training and item development sessions
- Oversee the formulation of exam questions and their review by the faculty members.
- Preferably s/he must be a health professional with Ph.D. in Epidemiology from a recognized university. Exceptional candidates with MSc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics may also be considered.
- MD – Specialized in any disciplines from a recognized Institution with excellent research background can also apply for the position.
- Certification in the relevant discipline from a reputable organization
- Know-how of polices and process related to bio medical and social sciences research
- Ability to Train faculty members and supervise students for theses activities.
- Well versed with students’ assessments and evaluation related theories, principles and practice.
- Familiar with formative and summative processes and relevant assessment tools and their utilization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership ability
- Resident advocacy skills and interest.