|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
This is a full-time, grant-funded Pharmacy Assistant position based in Ghor. The Pharmacy Assistant will assist the Pharmacy Coordinator and other health and nutrition staff on day to day project activities in relation to medical, non-medical and nutrition supplies which is required for the project. He/ she will be responsible for requesting, receiving, stoking, dispatching of the mentioned supplies. He/she will have to work closely with the Pharmacy Coordinator to ensure standards of project activities are compliant with requirements of the ministry. S/he will also assist to coordinate the relevant project data collection on supplies consumption and request.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Local language and reading and writing in English
- Knowledge of maternal and child nutrition, and diseases prevention
- Knowledge or experience in pharmaceutical management is preferred
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance and exemplary lifestyle expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Request the nutrition, medical and non-medical supplies based on the project requirement, caseload and consumption.
- Provide the nutrition, medical and non-medical supplies to mobile nutrition teams.
- Manage the nutrition supplies and pharmaceutical stock of medicine appropriately. (Stock keeping of all item and document in and out of items)
- Enter the mobile nutrition team consumption on a computerized database
- Travel within Ghor and supervise the supplies and medicine and provide constructive feedback to the team members in order to improve the work performance and productivity
- Other duties as required and assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide the nutrition and pharmaceutical monthly/quarterly consumption report.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- Nurse, pharmacist, medical assistant or its equivalent.
- Diploma in pharmacy is preferred
- At least one year of experience in pharmacy.
- Shared offices in the province. Communication and other required work equipment and supplies provided and shared with other projects.