|Date Posted:||Mar 2, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
The Pharmacy Officer under the overall guidance and supervision of the Pharmacy Manager ensures that all applicable Pharmacy procedures are exercised in accordance with AHEAD’s Policies and Procedures Handbook at SEHATMANDI-BPHS projects. The pharmacy Officer needs to maintain Medicine files of each HFs and send the medicines to HFs according to BPHS medicines list. All medicines documents that supplied each quarter to HFs. must be sent to the Kabul office kept in the Main Office in the designated cabinet drawer one copy.
Pharmacy Officer will be focusing on achievement of the following results:
- The timely request of Medicines, Medical supplies, Lab reagents, and HP's medicines and medical supplies for SEHATMANDI-BPHS project,
- The pharmacy officer promotes Rationale use of Drugs in HF, and controls the Wastage of drugs and develops need-based quarterly pharmacy requisition requests. And also, the pharmacy officer is responsible to make sure NSTG implementation and respect by health facility staff and in charge of HFs writing the prescriptions according to the treatment of NSTG efficient manner.
- Assure a regular supply of all medicines, medical supplies/equipment to health facilities level and evaluate the pharmacy department activities in accordance with the organization, Donors and other stake holder’s policy and regulations.
- Timely prepare monthly medicines consumption reports and antibiotics and analgesics reports of the HFs and submission of it every month to the main office pharmacy manager and Analyses the Health facilities' drug consumptions and antibiotics analgesics percentage and share the results with other technical staff.
- Supervision and on the job training of Health Facilities and Hospital pharmacies at least 5-10th times/ per month.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure AHEAD Policies and Procedure Handbook is strictly followed during the day to day activities,
- Responsible for planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of pharmaceutical activities.
- Establish a well-organized drug distribution system to the Health facilities in coordination with Logistics Facilitating the receipt and dispatch of drugs to health facilities.
- Make sure that the medicine supply arranged according to FEFO/FIFO in sub-office warehouse and HFs pharmacy stock.
- Establish a well-organized Pharmacy stock in Samangan sub-office base on Pharmacy standards to ensure safe, clean and proper storage of all medicine and other medical equipment within the warehouse.
- Conduct training for the pharmacist and In-charge of the health facilities.
- Attend coordination meetings related to pharmaceuticals issues at the Sub-office.
- To be aware of the project work schedule (as approved in the contract) and updates the progress to his/her supervisor on a monthly basis.
- To establish/maintain easy to access and meaningful filing system and record-keeping for the pharmacy department.
- To establish/maintain tracking system of main activities to systematically measure the progress of pharmacy-related activities.
- To make sure that the medicine supply arranged according to HFs consumption reports and HFs medicine requests.
- Inventory of medicines and reporting to Pharmacy coordinator or Head of Pharmacy.
- Checking of refrigerators, stock temperature, cleanness, and item set according to the expiry date
- • Check of all drugs for its expiry prevention and reporting of all those drugs that have 6 months for expiration to the main office.
- Maintain full control over delivering stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration in sub-office and HFs.
- Giving training for new staff.
- To prepare a monthly action plan and ensuring activities which are planned addressed as per plan for SEHATMANDI-BPHS project.
- To perform any other tasks and assignments provided by the line manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan
Graduate of Pharmacy Faculty of Kabul or any other University
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in the relevant position
• Previous experience in Samangan province will be an advantage.
• Good understanding of the Pharmacy services provided in BPHS.
• Good teamwork spirit.
• Ability to work independently
• Good communication skills
• Language skills: Fluent in written and spoken Pashto/Dari and English
• Computer skills (Word Excel PowerPoint)
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter through jobs.af online application system.
Please click on the below link to apply for this position:
Note: If you are facing any difficulties to apply for this job please contact jobs.af team for any technical issues. jobs.af team will not provide you the position information.