|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 1 Month|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Cricket Board:
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. Afghanistan Cricket Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience.
Physiotherapist will be responsible to manage and provide physiotherapy service to the players within Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB). Physiotherapist shall use their knowledge and skills to treat injuries, advise on injury prevention and support rehabilitation, using a range of physical techniques and therapies.
Provinces to travel:
- Strong clinical & physical therapy experience
- Evidence-based injury prevention diagnoses and Rehabilitation
- Experience of working in elite sport, interdisciplinary Science and Medicine team
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and local languages (Pashto & Dari) in both forms written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide and support physiotherapy services to the team with reference to world's best practice in cricket.
- To act as the primary physiotherapist to the ACB teams for training, camps and competitive series. This may involve extended periods of travel, both within the Afghanistan and abroad. It will also require extended hours of work including weekends, evenings and public holidays.
- Communicate all relevant injury issues and management plans immediately to the Head Coach of the relevant squad.
- All injuries to players that prevent the player from fully participating in play, practice or training will be accurately assessed and the findings shall be communicated with team Manager.
- Discuss, devise and communicate a plan for the management of any significant injuries within 48 hours of the injury being reported.
- Discuss and agree with the injured player, the management plan and logistics regarding attendance for consultations.
- Monitor and review the program of treatment, with ACB Medical department if deemed necessary, considering the injured player's progress. Recommend changes in the course of treatment and the provider if not satisfied with the quality of care or progress at any stage.
- Contribute to the monthly team fitness report which updates the injury and fitness status which will be distributed to the coaching staff and concerned department.
- Maintain accurate and timely medical records of all ACB players to central performance profile.
- Lead and develop player profiling for all squads in conjunction with the coaching staff and concerned department.
- Help to prepare player both mentally and physically.
- Advising about stretching, warming up exercise and applying strapping and taping techniques to provide support.
- Provide relevant information to the Afghanistan Cricket Board-Media Manager for the preparation of media statements regarding injured players.
- Undertake appropriate continuing professional development to keep abreast of world's best practice relevant to cricket.
- Responsibility for respecting the player's confidentiality at all times. The physiotherapist will not pass on any information regarding the injury / illness to any other person within cricket or elsewhere without the player's consent.
- To coordinate return to play programs with Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- The physiotherapist reports assessment and treatment results, in full, of professional and academy players on the electronic note keeping system.
- Maintaining good working relationships with all players, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Medical Officers, Performance Coaches and ACB staff.
- Any other tasks assigned by line supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Diploma in Physical Therapy (DPT) / Bachelor in Physical Therapy (BS-PT)
- Must to have 4 to 8 years of experience in related field.