|Date Posted:||Jun 15, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Responsible for monitoring the actual expenses according to the approved budget by preparing the monthly budget variance report and coordinate with the line managers for the variances if and preparation of monthly newsletter, financial performance and various management reports and annual institution’s budget.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare various analytical reports related to Finance as and when required by the management
2. Review Daily Hospital Volumes.
3. Check Journal Vouchers as per the approved authority matrix of Finance.
4. Prepare the monthly Budget Variance Report, cost center wise of the entire institution and coordinate with the line managers for the variances if any.
5. Prepare the monthly cash request by 15th of each month.
6. Maintain database for various management reports.
7. Prepare Fact Sheet for all institution's data.
8. Record minutes of Sustainability Planning meetings.
9. Assist in conducting ISO Audit
10. Prepare of various monthly management reports by 10th of each subsequent month.
11. Social Welfare Development report
12. Financial Performance report
14. Grant Newsletter
15. Any other report as and when required by the senior management.
16. Prepare the monthly schedule of fixed assets / equipment received / pending from the available budget by 10th of each subsequent month.
17. Prepare the monthly schedule of staff recruited and to be recruited from the available budget by 10th of each subsequent month.
18. Prepare quarterly AKDN report.
19. Maintain the Chart of Account of the financial system which includes; defining / inactivating the accounts codes and related chart fields.
20. To run the monthly General Ledger closing process latest by 3rd of each subsequent month and release the financial statement for management review and various reporting.
BBA Graduate. Preferably Master’s would be an additional edge.
Good communication, interpersonal skills in Dari, English and Pashto language.
Ability to work under difficult working conditions.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Good computer skills, especially MS Office.
Good knowledge of Accounting.