|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
The main purpose of Preventive Maintenance BSS Engineer (PM) activities is to avoid or mitigate the consequences of failure of equipment, keep equipment working at normal and planned circumstances achieving required operations, and extend the lifetime of the equipment.
Preventive maintenance of every cell site is very important after a period regularly. It is essential to perform fault analysis, intimation, escalation and coordination with other related departments to maintain maximum network up time. Recording and checking of different BTS related parameters, arranging of cables, and cleaning of BTS related hardware is essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recording sector configuration and number of TRXs in each sector.
- Checking status/performance of TRXs of each sector.
- Cleaning fans and filters of BTS.
- Making sure that Abis cable is secure properly.
- Making sure that BTS grounding is properly connected
- Verification of external alarms to NOC.
- Checking all types of BTS related alarms.
- Labeling, removing free cables, arranging active cables, and cleaning hardware inside BTS.
- Cooperating BSS department in site expansion and configuration changing if needed.
- Supporting BSS department in site creation, site deletion, site re-homing, sector creation, sector deletion, software up gradation, and KPI analysis if needed.
- Well coordination of preventive maintenance activities with BSS and other related departments.
- Support to project engineers to resolve issues, which arise during establishment phase of the network.
- Graduate of University_ Bachelor degree in Telecommunication, Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering Fields. Master degree is preferred.
- Years of work experience in Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Field. Work experience in a Telecom Company is preferred.
- Strong telecom background and well understanding of 2G and 3G networks.
- Having experience in sector creation, site creation, site re-homing configuration up gradation, software and hardware up gradation, KPI analysis.
- Strong and proven integrity, time management; work prioritization skills,
- Ability to multi-task. Work under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in timely manner.
- Understanding of AWCC procedures, rules and regulations an asset. Ability to work effectively as a team member.