|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Director will have overall responsibility of the performance of the PMO. The Director will report to the Deputy Minister for Water at MEW. The Project Management Consultants will assist the PMO with operations and Project Implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Oversee the day to day operations of the Project Management Office
â€¢ Provide oversight on the activities and operation of project implementation consultants of projects implemented under the Water Resources Development Investment Project
â€¢ Oversee the execution of development projects
â€¢ Provide oversight on the preparation of the budgetary requirements of the Project Management Officeâ€™ operation
â€¢ Liaise with Donors and relevant Line Ministries
1. Tender, purchase, install, and maintain PMO equipment and transport in good operational order in accordance with ADB and Government procurement requirements.
2. Oversee installation of necessary communication links.
3. Oversee the Implementation Consultants in undertaking the Northern Basins Development and Flood Management Components of the Project.
4. Provide assistance for the Social Development Specialist and social development NGOs manage the social development component to ensure the beneficiary communities are consulted on each phase and are willing to support and contribute towards the implementation of the projects under the Development Investment Program.
5. Provide assistance for the Consultantâ€™s Experts to prepare a capacity building training program that will equip PMO staff with the requisite skills that will enable them to undertake the management and implementation of development projects in the future. (English, computers, survey and design, facilities management, construction supervision).
6. Supervise PMO staff in all project activities, including but not limited to, undertaking surveys (topographic, etc.), preparing designs, bills of quantities, and engineering estimates for projects implemented under the energy sector development investment program.
7. Provide assistance for the International Procurement Specialist to prepare construction management and civil engineering contracts for the implementation of water sector development projects. The contract document shall be in accordance with ADB procurement rules and designed to ensure the civil works will be constructed in a cost effective and timely manner.
8. Provide assistance for supervising water sector development construction works.
9. Provide assistance for the Consultants to maintain construction quality in accordance with acceptable standards.
10. Provide assistance for the Consultantâ€™s Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, ADB, and MOF, to establish practical monitoring and evaluation procedures capable of tracking and reporting progress.
11. In consultation with ADB, MOF, MEW, and the Consultants, facilitate the setting up of a Project Steering Committee (PSC) to oversee project delivery.
12. Supervise PMO Office Manager for the smooth operation and functioning of the PMO office.
13. Endeavour to maximize the use of, PMO staff, national expertise, and contractors in project implementation, where possible.
14. Other functions and activities as required by MEW and/or ADB.
The candidate must have achieved a Degree in Engineering and/ or Technical Management in a relevant field. More than eight years of experience in management or oversight of donor funded projects in the power sector (i.e. rehabilitation of substation, etc.) Major achievement in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with Masters Degrees in a related field.