|Date Posted:||Jun 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 24, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of PMO Director. The PMO Director will supervise the day-to-day implementation of the project and report to the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, General Director of Policy and Promotion and other senior officials in MoMP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on PMO Director Job description.
2. The PMO Director will be responsible for the overall performance of the PMO.
3. The PMO Director will serve as the point of contact with Ministry of Finance, Asian Development Bank, consulting and construction firms and other stakeholders related to the project.
4. The PMO Director will supervise the day-to-day implementation of the project and report to the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, General Director of Policy and Promotion and other senior officials in MoMP.
5. The PMO Director will monitor the day-to-day functioning of the project team. Manages the Human and Financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and grand agreement.
6. The PMO Director will develop an appropriate project performance and monitoring system for successful implementation of the project.
7. The PMO Director will monitor the activities of the Consulting and Construction companies and make sure that the operation is in progress according to the deadline and action plan of the project.
8. The PMO Director will response to enquiries and correspondences related to the project and provide appropriate/required information to MoMP, MoF, MoEc, ADB and other organizations.
9. The PMO Director will develop project action plan and assign/ coordinate with project staff for its due implementation.
10. The PMO Director will prepare and finalize project quarterly portfolio reports and submit it to MoMP/ADB for approval.
11. The PMO Director will efficiently manage all financial, material and human resource assets of the project, and ensure that activities have sufficient funding.
12. The PMO Director will review and finalize annual project reports related to the project and submit it to ADB and other stakeholders.
13. The PMO Director will review and approve project procurement plans and provide updates to MoMP, MoF, MoEc and ADB.
14. The PMO Director will review and finalize safeguard compliance report twice a year and submit it to ADB for approval.
15. The PMO Director will review and finalize project completion report and submit it to ADB for necessary actions.
16. The PMO Director will ensure to transfer knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective and regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
17. The PMO Director will arrange for, and attend the project related meetings.
18. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
At least Bachelor degree in project management, economics, development economics, public administration, international development, or a related field and Master’s degree is preferred in this field.
At least 7 years’ experience for bachelor degree and 5 years foe master.
Experience of project-based work
Ability to review and contribute to policy and strategy development
English language skills
Time management skills
Good communication skills
Office administrative and computing skills
Flexibility and enthusiasm
Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
organizational and planning skills
information gathering and monitoring skills
problem analysis and problem solving skills
judgment and decision-making ability
attention to detail and accuracy