|Date Posted:||Mar 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Data Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The Deputy Ministry of Education for Literacy (DMoEL) is the leading organization within the framework of the MoE mandated to develop, implement and monitor policies, guidelines and adult education programmes in order to educate an estimated over 10 million illiterate adult populations (aged above 15) through the provision of Literacy Courses, Community Learning Centers (CLSs), Adult Basic Education Centers and other learning alternative pathways.
Better Education System for Afghanistan’s Future (BESAF) integrates a system-wide capacity development approach intended to provide comprehensive UNESCO support to the Ministry of Education (MoE) and Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) aimed at responding to the key challenges facing the education sector in Afghanistan.
BESAF is funded for a duration of three years (2019-2021) by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and its objectives are (1) to strengthen capacity at the Ministries of Education to develop, implement and monitor robust education sector plans by integrating a gender perspective and underpinned by accurate and reliable education sector data, (2) to revise curricula and learning resources for formal general education (grades 1-12), non-formal adult basic education (grades 1-9), and higher education and research, and (3) to increase access to general literacy and skills-based literacy programmes, with a particular focus on women.
Under the overall authority of the Deputy Minister of Education for Literacy (DMoEL) and the direct supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor of the DMoEL, the Policy Development Specialist contributes effectively in the overall policy development, Strategy, action plan development and coordination and facilitation of the Afghanistan Literacy assessment survey (ALAS) as well as the capacity building of the DMoEL Tashkil in relevant areas.
1. Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Dari/Pashto and English
2. Strong data analysis and statistical skills
3. Strong computing skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contribute effectively in development of the National Literacy and Adult Basic Education Strategy and the National Literacy Survey
2. Contribute in the preparation of concept notes, policy documents, proposals, programme guidelines and other required documents
3. Contribute in conducting a situational analysis and feasibility study on the development of literacy and adult basic education programmes for minority communities and disadvantaged groups including the returnees, IDPs and the linguistic minorities.
4. Support the technical team in developing the frameworks, instruments and tools required for conducting the Afghanistan Literacy Assessment Survey (ALAS) and piloting the tools.
5. Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant partners including the general directorate of planning, the Scientific Council, the National Statistics and Information Authority (NISA), UNESCO Kabul and other implementing partners
6. Facilitate and coordinate the meetings of the working committees
7. Create a system of documentation and communications required for the successful implementation of the mentioned projects
8. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the provincial MoE Offices (PLMs and DLMs) to facilitate the implementation of the projects
9. Support the technical committee in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the donors and policy community
10. Preforming other tasks assigned by the Snr. Technical Advisor and the TWGs
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. At least a bachelor degree in public policy, education policy, education management, public management, strategic management, economics and data science, political science and sociology. Holders of a Master degree in mentioned fields will be preferred.
2. At least 5 years of proven work experience in planning, policy development, applied researches and surveys, data analysis and management and strategic management.