|Date Posted:||Jul 4, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 10, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Transports patients of the unit safely to concerned department for necessary tests, procedures etc. and
bring them hark to the unit.
Deliver and bring back specimens, files, equipment etc. to and from identified departments as advised by
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
1. Assist in safe transfer of patients to and from bed, chair, wheelchair, stretcher or trolley ensuring necessary
2. Transport patients safely from one department to other.
3. Maintain confidentiality with reference to specific patient identity and their files by ensuring that patient
related issues are not discussed with anybody except those authorized.
4. Show courtesy in communication with the patient relative, co-workers and supervisor.
5. Take proper transmission of equipment in the beginning of shift.
6. Keep the record of equipment movement slips.
7. Arrange equipment needed for patient care.
8. Ensures & maintains proper cleaning and maintenance of all designated equipment.
9. Ensure the availability of filled oxygen cylinders in the unit.
10. Collect and transport the following items:
c. Blood and blood products
f. CSSD items
g. Warehouse items if required,
11. Ensure that soiled specimens (blood, urine, and stool) are adequately packed before transporting.
12. Ensure that specimens are correctly labeled using two identifiers before delivery to the specified
13. Demonstrate awareness related to standard precautions and adhere to infection control polices.
14. Prepare incubator, ventilator, bed and baby cot for patients.
15. Maintain work areas clean as assigned by the supervisor.
16. Keep an accurate account of stock items on trolleys and report to area supervisor for necessary
17. Maintain stocking of linen cupboards, masks, and shoe cover a daily basis to ensure an adequate supply.
18. Communicate problems related to job functions to immediate supervisor.
19. Any other related task us assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements
10th grade completed.
Must be regular anti punctual.
Demonstrate a helpful attitude and offer assistance when required to patients and their families.
Understand basic written and verbal English.
Effectively communicate and follow oral instruction in Dari to perform routine tasks.
Keep him/her self-well-groomed and observes the uniform code at Nil times.
Be motivated towards learning and capacity development.
Represent positive image of FMIC via professional appearance and behavior.