|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Audit Specialist|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has received
financing from the World Bank towards cost of FISCAL PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT PROJECT (FSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The services include Institutional development, through technical support, capacity building, and guidance to Internal Audit Department of Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other Line Ministries.
Hence Ministry of Finance now hires eligible individual consultants having relevant experience in the related areas. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that he/she is qualified to perform the services.
Internal Audit Department (IAD) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Ministry of Finance (MoF) operations. It helps the ministry to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. To discharge its roles effectively, the department has set its mission, vision and objectives.
In addition to MoF departments and offices, the IAD is also empowered to carry out internal audit of donor funded projects executed by the government agencies. Moreover having Memorandum of Understanding signed between MoF and other line ministries in strengthening their Internal Audit functions by the IAD, MoF, therefore, to carry out internal audit of government agencies including donor funded projects and capacity development of staffs of the department, it requires the services of qualified auditors.
Ministry of Finance Afghanistan has recognized the importance of quality assurance in internal audit assignment carried out by the Department. As a guiding tool, Department has adopted internal audit standards which are in compliance with best international internal audit practices in addition to audit manuals on various topics and other documents. The extent to which individual audit teams comply with standards are required to be reviewed continuously and regarded as an important component of internal audit practices. Therefore, the Department places high importance to strengthen its internal audit practice across government. To accomplish this it is imperative to establish an "Internal Audit Quality Assurance Committee." This committee will enhance quality assurance system, procedures and working methods within the Department. To support Internal Audit Quality Assurance Committee services of Professional Reviewers are necessary.
The basic objective of the assignment is to strengthen and build the internal audit function of MoF and line ministries as per the best practices and standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) through capacity and institutional development.
Moreover, to carry out & lead the internal audit of relevant ministries and of donor funded projects run by government agencies. Supporting to IAD/MoF audit staffs for capacity development programme is also a part of the assignment.
Requires travel to provinces:
Fluency in Dari, Pashto & English (reading, writing, and speaking) is must.
· Proven inter-personal skills;
· High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
· Good computer operating skills (Ms. Office & internet)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Reviewer will review the adequacy of, and compliance to, quality control system in the Department and its application at individual audit level.
2. The Reviewer with consultation with other reviewers and other departments shall make its annual plans for Quality Reviewers.
3. Asses the quality Assurance system of the department with recommendation made to the Director General.
4. Collect findings and present the to the audit management team with analysis and possible recommendations and present findings to the Director General.
5. Conduct interviews with staff and managers of the Department (if needed).
6. Provide feedback to audit managers and audit team.
7. Deliver a presentation to the Director General and senior managers on findings and recommendations.
8. Prepare draft Quality Assurance reports on the review results and recommendations to ensure compliance to established process and procedures. Also provide the course of action agreed on.
9. Draft an action plan which is agreed upon with the audit directorates and the Director General.
10. The Reviewer will provide a debrief to the Director General and written report to the audit team including relevant Audit Director at the end of the review work. A final report will be presented to the Director General not later than two weeks after completion of each the review work.
11. Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the Director General IAD & Project Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education and Professional Qualification:
· Professional certification as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent designation desirable.
· Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
· Academic Qualification should at least be GRADUATION (relevant field preferred).
· Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent degree with 5 years of working experience or having bachelor’s degree with 7 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit;
Good understanding and previous work experience in International Financial Reporting Standards, and Afghanistan Financial Management System, Procurement Management.