|Date Posted:||Nov 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering,Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities.
The Power planning, Design, Operation Expertas a Staff of Afghan Telecom Corporation will be under the administrative supervision of the power director and will be responsible for power related department as per guidelines and regulations as well as to performing the power planning, design, operation issues.
Requires travel to provinces:
· In depth knowledge of all electrical equipment: Transformer, Substation, Generator, Rectifier, Inverter, PAC, Electricity, Battery, Security system, Housekeeping system.
· Good knowledge of the electrical topology for telecom network.
· Have experience in planning/design/maintenance the Passive device in Telecom field.
· Good computer skill: MS Office (email, excel, word, access, PowerPoint...), AutoCAD,
· Basic knowledge on finance process and principle.
· Reporting and presentation skill.
· Must be able to work to tight time scales, under high pressure.
· Able to work pro-actively with other vendors and subcontractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manages the overall power system.
· Able to control the AC and DC power system.
· Develop and manage the mechanism to use power from national grid (city power), power from Diesel Generators and power from Solar System.
· Ensure the effective use rectifiers, inverters and UPS system.
· Assess the overall power needs of the sites and future expansion.
· Carry out/supervise repair work and maintenance of Diesel Generators.
· Responsible for the Operation, Maintenance and stability of all facilities equipment located in sites as Rectifier, Inverter, AC/DC, Battery, Transformer, Generator, Power Distribution, Power substation, Air conditioner, etc.
· Ensure that Diesel generator is always working normally in order to have uninterrupted and continuous power supply. Troubleshooting any problem which arises from power equipment. The candidates are expected to be available 24/7 in case of an emergency power cut.
The incumbent will report to the Power Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· At least Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and any other related fields.
· 5 years of work experience in the relevant field.
· Power operation and Maintenance.
· Power planning and Design for telecom projects.
· Written test