|Date Posted:||Jun 9, 2020|
|Reference:||Ghani –PTDE -2|
|Closing Date:||Jul 9, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||18 month(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ghani Consultancy Services:
Ghani Consultancy Services (GHANI) is a specialized international Management, Business, Engineering and research firm. We work with organizations aiming to deliver better results. Our extensive experience has made us capable of dealing with the complexity of business and development management. We specialize in multidisciplinary management solutions and enable our clients to achieve higher levels of development and sustain growth. We work with people at all levels of the organization building their capabilities and skills. We engage ourselves with the client, serving their best interest before ours.
Power Transmission and Distribution Expert A Ghani Consultancy Position
Duties & Responsibilities:
· He /She will be required to deliver the following duties:
· Assis the technical assessment / studies and draft reports for studies listed in Table 1 including (a) Power Synchronization Study, (b) National Grid Expansion Study, (c) Afghanistan’s Domestic Power Generation Study, (d) Afghanistan Energy Sector Masterplan;
· Study the current status of the power system, island mode and synchronization issues, and identify development as well as expansion needs.
· Advise the government on technical solutions for synchronous and asynchronous power interconnections for Afghanistan, least cost transmission grid expansion and grid stability, and development of power systems in Afghanistan with new domestic generation options
· Based on the system simulation and review of existing studies on development of transmission, determine whether the proposed projects should be priority based
· Conduct site reconnaissance (route surveys) to collect data/information for feasibility study level design.
· Assis in feasibility studies for projects on transmission and distribution network development/rehabilitation and for project components including them (e.g. hydropower project with transmission/distribution components).
· Provide input in preparation of reports.
The Power Transmission and Distribution Expert will have at least a Bachelor level degree in electrical engineering and preferably 5 years of experience working in development/rehabilitation of transmission lines, substation and grid systems.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, electrical engineer
· Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
· Well organized, and ability to properly work in team.
· Have a basic understanding of the English language
· Must be able to self-direct on issues related to work, and to work without constant supervision
· Encourage and motivate the team toward achievement of project objectives within given timeframe.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICALLY to below mentioned email.
Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. (Power Transmission and Distribution Expert), Vac# Ghani –PTDE -2)
Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.