|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
About Kardan School of Excellence :
Kardan School of excellence is Afghanistan’s leading private high school. The School earned a strong reputation for academic excellence in several academic contests around the world such as in New York and India through the achievements in MUN (Modern United Nation) debates. It is worth citing that the School has immensely expanded over the years and now has several branches in Kabul. The school has a separate campus for female students and a modern kindergarten equipped with all facilities and services. It is worth mentioning that over 2000 students are pursuing their studies in Kardan School of excellence. With modern curriculum and highly qualified instructors/teachers, we are recognized for quality education and service across the industry.
JOB TITLE: Principal
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
SUPERVISES: Co-ordinators, teachers and students
Job Location: Kabul
Employment type: Full-time
Salary: As per the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy Number: KBS-001
No. of Jobs: 1
Organization: Kardan National School
Years of Experience: 7 Years
Education: Master (Preference will be given to MBA holders)
Gender: Male/ Female
Open Date: 8th September
Close Date: 20th September
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The school Principal shall:
1. Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behaviour.
2. Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and civil regulations.
3. Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
4. Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials and equipment, approving all recommendations.
5. Establish a professional rapport with students and with staff that has their respect. Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel. Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession. Encourage all teachers to do the same.
6. Research and collect data regarding the needs of students, and other pertinent information including the collection of detail regarding the sacraments students have received or are preparing for. Keep the Chaplain informed of this information.
7. Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct meetings, as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school: weekly meetings for full-time staff; monthly staff meetings.
8. Establish and maintain an effective inventory system for all school supplies, materials and equipment.
9. Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities, with proper attention to the visual, acoustic and temperature.
10. Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of students, employees and visitors.
11. Maintain a master schedule to be posted for all teachers.
12. Establish schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas (including before and after school).
13. Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the student in the school. The Principal may not interfere with anyone’s freedom to speak directly to the Chaplain.
14. Use effective presentation skills when addressing students, staff, parents, and the community including appropriate vocabulary and examples, clear and legible visuals, and articulate and audible speech.
15. Communicate with the Board regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the school.
16. Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records. Ensure that student records are complete and current.
17. Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
18. Supervise the exclusion from school of any pupil who shows departure from normal health, who has been exposed to a communicable disease, or whose presence may be detrimental to the health and cleanliness of other pupils. Assure that excluded pupil’s parents or guardian are apprised of the reasons for exclusion.
19. Maintain positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with staff, parents and Director.
20. Attend required committee meetings (e.g.: fund-raising, curriculum, etc.) and extra school sponsored functions.
21. Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Board and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with contract.
22. Oversee the development of Curriculum Committee and keep the Board apprised.
23. Provide quarterly student grade and behavior reports to parents. Post honor roll lists each quarter.
24. Nurture both students and teachers to achieve their greatest potential academically, instructionally and spiritually.
25. Provide an atmosphere of piety, obedience and charity throughout the school day.
26. Enforce uniform policy and appearance policy so as to assure a school environment that is focused on group spiritual and academic achievement rather than on individuals.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master/MBA Degree from an accredited institution.
Experience: Must have 7 years of experience as school principal, coordinator, or supervisor in private and international schools.