|Date Posted:||May 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2003-2017. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through NGOs in 31 and the MoPH Strengthening Mechanism in remaining 3 provinces. Sehatmandi project mainly finances the BPHS and EPHS implementation across the country for 3 years - July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2021. In order to manage the health program effectively, the project finances the system development and stewardship functions of the MoPH though support of short-term technical assistance and supports highly qualified national contracted staff required for the design, implementation, and evaluation of project activities.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Director, the Procurement Advisor is responsible for procurement of works, goods and services of the procurement directorate.
The Advisor will report technical on day to day activities to the his/her direct line manager/supervisor. However, contractually, the, the advisor is accountable to Sehatmandi Coordination Office and will report project related activities/deliverables to Sehatmandi coordination Office on regular basis.
The overall objective of procurement system improvement under Sehatmandi is streamlining the procurement affairs and coordinated and integrated procurement management actions to fulfill a need for goods, works and consultancy services in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost given more value to transparency, efficiency and accountability within in the directorate of procurement.
The MOPH Procurement Advisor responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
1. Contributes to the development of organizational (related to procurement) strategic planning, proposal development, reviewing the grant, contract, agreements and MOU
2. Play active role in the implementation of the projects through providing legal and technical advises and justification to the senior management to take required decisions
3. Collect individual/departmental procurement plans and prepare an overall procurement plan for goods works and services under World Bank & Development project.
4. Review, comments, communicate through emails and letters with comments and advises to the departments in needs to supplies and services when purchase orders or requests put by the departments and assists them to make ready all pre-requisites before procurement process is initiated.
5. Through support procurement specialist or any other person assigned by head of procurement, conduct market survey or research to find general price trends, and collect 3 quotations of items planed in the draft procurement plans before finalizing the procurement plans.
6. Plan and provide three sessions of on the job trainings, and regular coaching on the procurement proceedings to civil servants.
7. Prepare required procurement technical/legal documents with legal justifications for review and decision when asked by supervisors and award authorities.
8. Participate in the bid opening sessions as observer, unless otherwise assigned as an official member.
9. Participate in bid evaluation sessions when assigned as panel member.
10. Review, check and attest contracts in compliance with the applicable rules i.e. Government Procurement Law& World Bank procedure for procurement of goods, works and services
Excellent written and oral English with professional proficiency in the official local Languages (Dari or Pashto),
• Proficiency in utilization of Microsoft Office, internet browsing and Email access.
1. Desk review and assessment of gap for accreditation of procurement department conducted.
2. Procurement monitoring system and tracking mechanism develop for MoPH
3. Goods section of procurement department is accredited
4. Monthly report submitted to director of procurement and Sehatmandi Coordination Office..
Duties & Responsibilities:
11. Track all procurement requests received by departments and ensure they are followed up for timely completion and process.
12. Ensure that Government or donors procurement procedures as described in grant agreements are fully complied with at all stages for procurements of goods, works and services under projects;
13. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports regarding the progress of the procurement activities, and as otherwise requested by Procurement Director;
14. Make all necessary arrangements for procuring goods, works and services, including finalizing purchase documents and ensuring that technical specifications of goods are in compliance with the required need of project;
15. Prepare the consolidated list of request for STEP
16. Arrange and ensure that, any procurement process respects and comply with no conflict of interest exist. Any member of procurement entity and bid evaluation shall have signed declaration of no conflict of interest for individual tenders.
17. The procurement advisor will play executive role of procurement process when assigned by head of procurement directorate to accomplish the procurement.
18. Provide effective support to procurement directorate and the authorities on procurement policy making, planning and capacity building.
19. Establish an improved requisition system for Goods (drugs, medical supplies, equipment and capital asset repair)works and NCS&CS;
20. Help/Assist the senior procurement advisor to the assigned tasks related to overall procurement.
21. Develop internal guidelines or SOPs in line with applicable laws and procedures to streamline the procurement action and practices.
22. Assist procurement departments and procurement specialists in respect of Preparing tender documents (RFP’s)(RFQ) and keep a record of all tender documents (RFP)(RFQ) and supporting documents;
23. He or she is expected to work with no conflict of interest and high discipline, honesty and accountability and sign on papers and documents assigned to, similar to the civil servant and other procurement staff.
24. Submit a one-page monthly report to Sehatmandi Coordination office about project related work and deliverables.
25. Any other relevant task assigned by the senior management;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
• 7 years of experience in procurement at with government or UN agencies or donor or non-governmental organization. Or master’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience.