|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Elite Construction Company:
The focus of the post is to develop and implement purchasing policy and strategy, to co-ordinate purchasing practices and to maximize savings and benefits available to the Company from purchasing activities. This post is to cover the secondment of the current Purchasing Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The major responsibilities are as follows:
1. To undertake the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of corporate
2. Contracts including the Companyâ€™s Capital purchasing program.
3. To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement
4. Practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
5. To participate in negotiation of contract terms on a range of central contracts and to monitor
6. Performance against these contracts.
7. To actively promote the procurement function within the Company including the development and improvement of training and skills of staff involved in the devolved purchasing environment within the company.
8. Participate in internal and external meetings, promoting procurement best practice.
9. To support and undertake projects for the Value for money Steering group and report findings and make recommendations to support change of policy.
10. To have up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation including regulations for public
12. All employees are expected to go about their duties in an environmentally responsible manner. It is our aim to ensure all resources are utilized effectively and efficiently.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. BBA or equivalent from a recognized university.
2. At least 3 years working experience preferably with international NGOs or UN in the related field.
3. Excellent English and local languages skills.
4. Skilled in computers, preferably Ms Office.