|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
1. Project Background:
Since late November 2014, DAI has been implementing the USAID funded Strong Hubs for Afghan Hope and Resilience (SHAHAR) project with the Deputy Ministry of Municipalities (DMM) and in up to twenty provincial municipalities across Afghanistan in order to form well-governed, fiscally sustainable Afghan municipalities capable of meeting the needs of a growing urban population. As of November 30, 2017, the SHAHAR project was extended for two additional years in order to continue to partner with and support DMM; to partner with and support Kabul Municipality in the core areas of administrative efficiency, client management, rehabilitation of municipal landfills, and revenue generation; and to continue to partner with and build the capacity of the four regional hub provincial capitals of Kandahar City, Herat, Jalalabad, and Mazar-e-Sharif to serve as regional learning hubs, providing a mechanism to continue to deliver technical assistance and training to all 20 original SHAHAR partner municipalities, while also strengthening the capacity of municipal staff and systems in the regional hub provincial municipalities.
In 2019, USAID expanded SHAHAR’s program activities to the following 10 additional municipalities: Puli Alam (Logar Province), Maydan Shahr (Maydan Wardak Province), Ghazni (Ghazni Province), Qalat (Zabul Province), Lashkar Gah (Helmand Province), Aybak (Samangan Province), Maymana (Faryab Province), Qala-I-Naw (Badghis Province), Chaharikar (Parwan Province), and Puli Khumri (Baghlan Province).
The Procurement and Subcontract Specialist will assist the Senior Communications and Compliance Manager with procurement of all goods and services in support of SHAHAR project activities and operations, in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will help organize procurement committees, draft solicitations and source selection memos, conduct market research, execute purchase orders and contracts, prepare necessary documents for processing payments to vendors and ensure that all procurement backup documentation is on file, per DAI policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objective and Duties:
- Monitor, track and expedite SHAHAR Procurement activities to include release of RFPs, submittal of proposals/Bids, scheduling of evaluation committees, and other processes from RFP/RFQ to close out;
- Liaison with vendors by negotiating purchase order contracts and subcontracts;
- Draft for review, comments, and edits negotiation memorandums to ensure that all USAID and DAI-specified topics are fully and competently addressed;
- Ensure invoices are received from vendors in a timely manner and that disbursement for procurement actions are made promptly;
- Monitor Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Agreements to ensure the incurred costs are allowable and allocable, and seek approvals from authorized signatories;
- Facilitate preparation and submission of purchase orders in accordance with DAI policies and USAID regulations;
- Work closely with procurement and logistics staff to obtain resources, quotations, and secure competitive bids for one-time goods and services;
- Ensures all procurements comply with USAID regulations, corporate policy, and good commercial practices;
- Willingness to travel to SHAHAR municipalities to oversee evaluation committees for Procurements at municipal offices and procedures; and
- Coordinate with program staff on project needs and requirements;
- Participate in activity work planning, and proactively conduct market research in support of anticipated operations and technical needs;
- Perform other duties as required by the Senior Communications and Compliance Manager.
Bachelor degree with 4 years relevant experience
- Bachelor Degree with 4 years relevant of professional experience in subcontracts, and/or procurement required or 7 years of overall working experience.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience administering government contracts and subcontracts with FAR regulations is essential.
- Fluent in Dari and/or Pashto with strong spoken and written English skills.
· Computer literate with e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet experience.
· Strong judgment and a commitment to fair and ethical procurement practices.
- Only female candidate can apply for above vacant job