|Date Posted:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Reference:||UNOPS/AFG/NERAP/MPW - 005/2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Procurement Assistant (Goods) shall work under the supervision of the Procurement Associate (Goods) and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient support to the Procurement Associate (Goods) and facilitate the procurement processes ensuring adherence to UNOPS rules and regulations for the procurement of non-works and services for the portfolio of UNOPS/MPW programs.
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
- Assist the Procurement Associate (Goods) in the preparation of procurement documentations such as Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bid (ITB), and Requests for Proposals (RFP).
- Conduct supplier and market research in local, regional and online markets under the guidance of the Procurement Associate.
- Responsible for obtaining quotations from local markets and certifying their authenticity.
- Participate in the Bid Evaluation Committee and as a member conduct activities as prescribed in UNOPS/WB rules and regulations.
- Assist the Procurement Associate (Goods) in the preparation of online submissions and awards to relevant committeeâ€™s for approvals, and in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, Long Term Agreements, amendments or any other relevant documentation in relation to procurement activities.
- Raise Purchase Orders in ATLAS and gain appropriate approvals from delegated authorities before dispatching.
- Responsible for updating and ensuring accuracy of supplier database.
- Draft correspondence related to procurement matters, including insurance claims under Procurement Associate (Goods).
- Coordinate with the Logistics Unit to ensure that procurement of non-expendable items are recorded in the programs asset management register.
- Respond to routine queries from UNOPS personnel, regional offices, vendors, government counterparts and other stakeholders regarding procurement matters.
- Prepare reports and monitor expenditures when appropriate.
- Actively work with clients to exchange information on a variety of procurement process and transaction issues to deliver correct and timely services.
- Maintain an accurate and complete filing system for all procurement activities to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all procurement activities are conducted according to UNOPS and/or WB rules and regulations and are completed in a timely manner through regular report submissions.
- Follow up to the point of completion all procurement activities and keep clients informed on progress.
- Effective support to the Procurement Unit allowing for quality and cost-effective procurement to be undertaken for the UNOPS/MPW programs
Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management or another relevant field.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree an asset
- At least 3 years work experience in procurement, logistics, administration or operations, with minimum 2 years of specific procurement experience.
- At least 2 years experience with NGOs, UN Agencies or an international organization is essential.
- Knowledge of ATLAS is highly desirable.