|Date Posted:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Reference:||UNOPS/AFG/NERAP/MPW - 004/2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Procurement Assistant (Works) shall work under the supervision of the Procurement Associate (Works) and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient support to the Procurement Associate (Works) and facilitate the procurement processes ensuring adherence to UNOPS rules and regulations for the procurement of non-works and services for the portfolio of UNOPS/MPW programs.
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
- Assist the Procurement Associate (Works) in the preparation of procurement documentations such as Bidding Documents to go to the WB, Advertising of bids, opening of bids, bid evaluations (entry data, clarification letters, etc), drafting the bid evaluation reports, reports to the WB and drafting the award of contracts;
- Conduct supplier and market research in local, regional and online markets under the guidance of the Procurement Associate (Works).
- Responsible for coordinating with the Technical Section for the compilation of Market Unit Rates for Construction activities and material from local markets and certifying their authenticity.
- Participate in the Bid Evaluation Committee and as a member conduct activities in accordance with World Bank/UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Assist the Procurement Associate (Works) in the preparation of submissions of the documents for internal and WB approval (NOL);
- Draft correspondence related to procurement matters.
- Actively work with clients to exchange information on a variety of procurement process and transaction issues to deliver correct and timely services.
- Assists the Procurement Associate (Works) with maintaining up to date Manuals and Policy documents relating to Procurement matters
- Maintain an accurate and complete filing system for all procurement activities, to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Perform any other related duties as directed by the Procurement Associate (Works).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all procurement activities are conducted according to World Bank and UNOPS rules and regulations and are completed in a timely manner through regular report submissions.
- Follow up to the point of completion all procurement activities and keep clients informed on progress.
- Effective support to the Procurement Unit (Works) allowing for quality and cost-effective procurement to be undertaken for by NERAP MPW.
Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Procurement, Logistics Management or another relevant field.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree an asset
b. Work Experience
(List number of years / area of required work experience. Clearly distinguish between required experience and experience which could be an asset.)
- At least 3 years work experience in procurement, logistics, administration or operations, with minimum 2 years of specific procurement experience.
- At least 2 years experience with NGOs, UN Agencies, World Bank or an international organization is essential.