|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 31, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
IOM is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to:
- Assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management.
- Advance understanding of migration issues.
- Encourage social and economic development through migration.
- Uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Logistics/Procurement Officer and the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for organizing procurement activities including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of office supplies and materials and equipment and providing logistics/procurement and administrative support to projects within the mission.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive and review/clarify requests, specifications and confirm WBS elements and other needed information from requestors, particularly from project managers in the mission.
- Assist project staff in preparation of unambiguous specifications for purchase of goods, prior submission of requisition.
- Assist in the preparation of contracts related to procurement of various goods and services and ensure that IOM LEG approved templates are used in line to IOM instructions and regulations.
- Identify potential suppliers/vendors and ascertain conditions of purchase and quotations.
- Plan and implement procurement activities, including obtaining quotations, preparation of evaluation and recommendation, issuance of Purchase Order (PO) or Service Agreement (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines and in coordination with Logistics/Procurement Officer.
- Coordinate with the Finance unit to ensure that prior to the final ordering and delivery of the equipment/materials, the WBS elements and account code line item have been determined.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore, ensure timely delivery of purchased goods/services.
- Maintain records of all transaction, ensuring that an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept.
- Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance section concerning payment of procured and delivered goods or services.
- Ensure that all procurement activities are done through PRISM (SAP) system and that the proper IOM administrative procedures and standards for follow up, canvassing, bidding, ordering and stock keeping are strictly adhered to.
- Liaise and coordinate closely with other Procurement Assistants at the mission on procurement matters.
- Prepare weekly progress report for related logistics/procurement activities.
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- University degree in the relevant field of expertise (Business Administration, SCM and Logistics, Procurement, Management) or alternatively a combination of related education and experience in this field.
- Minimum five years of experience in procurement and logistics.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae by the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and by 31 May 2019 latest, referring to this advertisement quoting the above vacancy notice number. Candidates holding IOM contract should submit the internal application form. Sending curriculum vitae to the above-mentioned e-mail address is mandatory, and please ensure your contact details are correct in your CV (Curriculum Vitae). Applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your application is accurate.
Campaigning for a candidate can be grounds for disqualification.