|Date Posted:||Mar 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 28, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces. The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains. General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces. Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The Procurement Assistant will be directly reporting to provincial extension coordinator/advisor and will work under overall supervision of senior Procurement Specialist, the incumbent will carry out his/her duties under the procurement guidelines of the IFAD and government for all IFAD financed projects in accordance to the donor regulations and procurement law of the GIRoA.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent communication, team working and problem solving skills;
- Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
- Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
- Team oriented.
- Good office administration and record keeping skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Receives assignments (Procurement Requests) on daily basis through the Provincial Coordinator;
- Prepares Request for Quotations (RFQs);
- Delivers the RFQs to the Potential vendors and receives it.
- Assists the committee with opening of the received quotations.
- Conducts evaluation of quotations with the assistance of the technical component staff;
- Prepares comparative statement, and purchase agreements.
- Receives invoices with delivery evidence and processes payment through Finance department.
- Gets advances and replenishments for cash purchases;
- Updates/Maintains the procurement tracking sheets.
- Responsible for carrying out the purchasing (shopping) procedures, from preparing the RFQ to contract award.
- Attends bid-opening meetings, prepares minutes of meetings, follow-up and maintain all administrative procedures during the pre-bid/proposal meetings.
- Provides assistance to Provincial Coordinator, Sr. procurement staff and evaluation committee in bid/proposal evaluation.
- Follow-ups and maintains all administrative procedures during the meeting, including bid/proposal opening meeting minutes.
- Manages proper procurement filling/record system, keeping system for both paper and electronic.
- Procurement Assistant may be assigned any other procurement related or project related duties at the discretion of the Provincial Extension Coordinator and Senior Procurement Specialist.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
- The candidate must hold a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics,
- Minimum of 2 years’ of relevant experience working in project procurement, preference will be given to the applicant that has previously served donor funded projects.