|Date Posted:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION The USAID Office of Transition Initiative (OTI) funded Community Cohesion Initiative (CCI) is one of three principal stabilization programs in the USAID/Afghanistan Stabilization Unit. Through CCI, USAID OTI seeks to improve stability in areas vulnerable to insurgent exploitation in order to create an enabling environment for sustainable peace and traditional development programs by (1) strengthening ties between and among local actors, customary governance structures, and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) and (2) empowering community-based resiliencies to mitigate sources of instability.
The Procurement Assistant (PA) is responsible for providing assistance to the Regional Program Manager (RPM) or Procurement Manager (RPO), which includes processing purchase requisitions, as required, on routine purchases; maintaining and updating vendor lists and soliciting telephone quotations and draft purchase orders for all Regional (Program) Office (RO) purchases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Process purchase requests and issue purchase orders as instructed by the RPM
2. Maintain the procurement documentation files which include filing of PO's and bid documents.
3. Maintain frequent contact with vendors to obtain prices and availability of merchandise as well as with departments
4. Obtain additional information from the departments if necessary and advises them when requested products have been discontinued or substituted.
5. Make decisions following the guidelines of ASGP rules and refers any problems with orders to the RPM.
6. Provides responsible clerical support to RPM in the buying function, which includes processing purchase requisitions
7. Solicits telephone quotations and drafts purchase orders on routine purchases.
8. Interacts frequently with vendors to obtain prices and availability of merchandise
9. Obtains information from RPM and advises him/her when requested products have been discontinued or substituted
10. Participates in training with CDFs to ensure the familiarity with the grants making process and other ASGP activities
11. May perform other duties as assigned
â€¢ Three years procurement experience in a general donor or international NGO environment
â€¢ Able to use electronic terminals and standard office equipment and perform data entry.
â€¢ English fluency, both written and spoken. Dari /Pashto preferred
â€¢ Ability to participate as a team member
â€¢ Must be Afghan national