|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 13, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Asia Foundation:
The Asia Foundation is a Non-Governmental Organization
The Asia Foundation is currently looking for a qualified Afghan candidate to employ as Procurement Assistant for its Afghanistan office.
Under the supervision of Procurement Officer the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist and facilitate procurement process.
2. Ensure adherence to documentation and controls in terms of procurements.
3. Assisting in collecting quotation and analyzing the bids.
4. Assisting in preparing and equating of contracts and purchase orders.
5. Liaise with Foundationâ€™s partners and facilitate procurement and other administrative support for the partners.
6. Participate in staff and other designated meetings.
7. Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and Procurement Officer as required by the position.
â€¢ High School Certificate.
â€¢ Three years previous experience working with international NGOâ€™s and/or USAID, highly desirable.
â€¢ Organizational and administrative abilities.
â€¢ Interpersonal skills and good verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy required, including accounting software and spreadsheets.
â€¢ Good knowledge with procurement system.
â€¢ Ability to work under pressure, respond to urgent needs, and to manage tasks in team work.
â€¢ Knowledge of computer packages.