|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
UNOPS strategy for Afghanistan is aimed at providing maximum support to the Government and people of Afghanistan though the delivery of projects and services in line with the government’s own priorities. The UNOPS Afghanistan Operation Center (AFOC) has been established as an organizational mechanism to deliver a range of projects for which UNOPS has been designated as the implementation agency. At present, UNOPS AFOC is implementing a number of projects in a range of sectors including infrastructure (roads and schools) development, capacity building to various ministries, and environmental protection, among others, on behalf of the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community.
The functional objective of UNOPS AFOC is to deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner, to achieve the development outcomes sought by the Government of Afghanistan and the donor community, where capacity building is always considered and encouraged. The aim of UNOPS AFOC is to provide implementation services to the Government of Afghanistan, the donor community and partner agencies in the reconstruction and development of the country. In doing so, UNOPS aims to exceed client expectations in the delivery of quality services throughout the country.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Procurement Associate works under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager and in close consultation with AFOC Procurement Unit, the Procurement Associate will perform the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
Requires travel to provinces:
See main announcement for more details
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the project manager, undertake all activities related to procurement of works on projects.
- Draft all bidding documents, including Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitations to Bid (ITB), and Request for Proposal (RFP). Assist the Project Manager in drafting the TORs and specifications for the requested goods, services and works.
- Actively assist VIP in the development of works procurement plan and assist in the process of obtaining relevant approvals from donors, UNOPS headquarters procurement staff and other relevant authorities.
- Update the local and international vendors’ roster and database established and used by UNOPS AFOC.
- Carry out regular market searches related to the Project operational requirements.
- Prepare responses to donor and other key stakeholders’ queries in relation to bidding documents including preparation of Tender Documents, Bid Evaluation reports, and Contract Award documents. Organize and coordinate pre-bid meetings, inform bidders of procurement rules and regulations and respond to any queries from bidders.
- Assist in arranging of Bid Opening and Evaluation sessions. As a Chairman or Member of the Bid Evaluation Committee play an integral role in the short-listing of bidders.
- Responsible for obtaining technical clarification from bidders, when required and when permitted by donor's rules and regulations. Prepare the Bid Evaluation/Quotation Analysis reports.
- Coordinate the processes of obtaining approvals from UNOPS headquarters for the contract award recommendations. Draft and process submissions to the HQCPC/LCPC “Review Committee” in Copenhagen.
- Upon approval, coordinate with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including provision of Performance Security, issuance of contract award notice and ensure that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Organize and undertake the process of the clearance of items and equipment to be dispatched to the field locations. Arrange the transportation of dispatched materials from and to the field of operations.
- Track the project procured materials from the suppliers to the end users. Check all invoices and attach all supporting documents before submitting payments to finance section.
- Maintain and update all procurement files and records of corporate, service, maintenance and other contracts.
- Ensure all completed Procurement Documents are archived efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare a range of procurement-related forms and documents (short-lists, LCPC/HQCPC submissions, Purchase Orders/Service Contract and Amendments, etc) and reports ensuring that all specifications, terms and conditions are according to UNOPS standards.
- Collaborate with the procurement team in the development and implementation of a procurement management system in respect of planning, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the JICA Projects and the AGOC Procurement Support Unit.
- Maintain and update the procurement monitoring system and provide feedback on purchase orders to the projects’ teams.
- Together with the Project Manager, Project Support Officer and project’s technical team, review and evaluate bids or proposals received and prepare analysis for contract awards and for submission to the appropriate procurement committee (LCPC or HQCPC).
- Responds to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters.
- Liaise with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipment, and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR, or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken.
- Ensure availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
- Conduct market research to determine sources of supplies by using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources.
- Maintain effective liaison with contractors/suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- In close consultation with the project technical team and the QA/QC section, liaise with end users, contractors and suppliers on quality deficiencies and on appropriateness of goods and services.
- Timely and accurate completion of procurement processes.
- Participate in negotiations to resolve difficult procurement issues and handle questions/complaints from contractors on bidding and award issues.
a) Monitoring and Progress Controls
- All RSHQ project procurement activities are conducted in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations and are completed in a timely manner.
- RSHQ projects procurement plan for works is updated regularly and contracts for works on RAIP projects are awarded in a timely manner.
- Proper coordination with other UNOPS units is maintained at all times to achieve effective completion of procurement functions under RSHQ projects.
b) Final Product:
- Effective management of the procurement functions on projects
Bidding Documents and processes are completed according to Donors & UNOPS rules and regulations
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- High School Diploma, with 6 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement at the national level or Bachelor’s with two (2) years of progressively relevant working experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Similar experience within the UN system will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations preferred
- Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required